Pipa questions!

cookie123

We installed the Pipa for dd's baby a few days ago so it's in her car, not accessible to me right now and I have a few questions.

She said the base is rattling and driving her insane. So I googled a little. I read a review on CSFTL and they said Nuna was okay with putting a piece of fabric in the lock off, which is where the problem is coming from. Has anyone found that to be the case?

I was a little annoyed by all the pictures of how to fit the baby in the seat in the CSFTL review. It seemed much more straight forward in the manual. Any advice on that? THere's 3 positions for the crotch strap. I don't know which position the crotch strap comes in, the manual did not say. What position would be most like to be the right one for a regular full term kid?

They talk about a low birth weight pillow to be used to 11 lbs in the online manual. Does that come with? It seems to be a separate thing from the infant insert in the manual.

DD3 doesn't know if she has the latch guides. We're going to need them to get the base in if we take it out. It was really difficult to get it latched in. If anyone saw my post on FB, the bubble is just touching the line on the little side. It is not like it was pictured in the online manual. It seemed fine in her manual though. The seat does not looked reclined enough to me. Any advice on that?

Thanks for reading my book! And for any help. :)

ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
https://carseatblog.com/27272/nuna-pipa-infant-carseat-review-exceptional/

I'd plan to start with the infant insert and the furthest in crotch buckle position.

I don't know anything about rattling, but my rule is to never take someone's word for anything when it comes to car seats. If you have personally seen an email to Nuna with both the complete question and answer and it says you can add fabric, great. If not, and you wish to do this, please email Nuna yourself.

I'm confused about your LATCH guides question. If the base was installed and you didn't need them then, I'm sure it can be installed again the same way. And if she's lost them, and would like them, I'm sure you can get a replacement set from Nuna.

cookie123

https://carseatblog.com/27272/nuna-pipa-infant-carseat-review-exceptional/

I'd plan to start with the infant insert and the furthest in crotch buckle position.

I don't know anything about rattling, but my rule is to never take someone's word for anything when it comes to car seats. If you have personally seen an email to Nuna with both the complete question and answer and it says you can add fabric, great. If not, and you wish to do this, please email Nuna yourself.

I'm confused about your LATCH guides question. If the base was installed and you didn't need them then, I'm sure it can be installed again the same way. And if she's lost them, and would like them, I'm sure you can get a replacement set from Nuna.

Thanks for your reply. And the link. When I googled I only got the hit from CSFTL. I'll look at "Ours." Yes, that's a good rule of thumb. I'll look at it and see if that's the problem first. I'll check with Nuna before doing anything. I just got the rattling news last night and I googled after work. Just wondered if anyone has experienced that.

As for the latch guides, the Latch hooks are so far in there it was a real struggle to install. I'd like them for if we have to do it again. That was just in my thoughts I guess. The question was more about the bubble and it being on the small side of the line, just touching it. I wondered more if you thought the recline would be enough. The recline foot is out.

Do you know anything about the low birthweight pillow? I'll check out the review now. Never mind. The pillow is addressed in the review. :)

CTPDMom

There's a range with that bubble...it needs to be touching the line, but you want it touching the line in the most reclined position possible. Sometimes with really sloped seats, you can't get an acceptable recline with rigid LATCH and need to install with seatbelt/noodles. If you're not sure, and baby isn't here yet, just have someone ride in back for first trip and then adjust as needed.

ntrenary

I have a Pipa. I've never noticed rattling but with 4 kids in the back I'm not sure I'd notice, haha. I drive a odyssey and can get the Pipa reclined enough when using latch so the bubble just touches the line but my Dd is 11 months so doesn't need to be reclined as much. You might need to install with the seat belt until the baby is older and can be more upright.
My seat came with the newborn pillow. it's a small black pillow that fits in a pocket in the bottom of the removeable padding, it might already be in there so have your daughter check.
The latch guides make it so much easier to install than trying to dig around in the seat crack. I'm sure Nuna will send them out if she can't find them.

cookie123

She stopped by for a few minutes so I put the seat belt through and we drove a bit. I checked that the foot was sturdy and green. It's better but something is still rattling.

rachelandtyke

Not a Pipa, but our Keyfit rattled quite a bit when installed and with no baby in it. But as soon as baby was in it, it didn't rattle any longer, so maybe it will be the same?

cookie123

Nuna replied that the lock off problem had been fixed. I put the seat belt through and it did seem to help. Checked the load leg, took the floor mat out. I don't know. It will be an annoying commute for her when she goes back to work after dropping the baby off at daycare. They also suggested it would probably be better with the baby in.

cookie123

Nuna replied back that it is likely the load leg that is the culprit. I wonder if all the load leg seats have the same issue?

CTPDMom

If it's the load leg jangling, like where the part that extends meets the part attached to the base, I might just shove a small piece of felt in there and call it a day. But that's me.

steph

Sorry to jump in but I'm curious now. My Nunas just touch the line, not center. I was told that was fine (by a few techs).

But I'm confused now about you guys saying it might not be reclined enough?

Also I didn't see a black pillow for under 11lbs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

steph

Oh and for what it's worth. I get a way better install with the belt than with LATCH in my car. The seats are in there rock solid. So maybe try to install that way?

cookie123

Sorry to jump in but I'm curious now. My Nunas just touch the line, not center. I was told that was fine (by a few techs).

But I'm confused now about you guys saying it might not be reclined enough?

Also I didn't see a black pillow for under 11lbs?

It's in a little pocket on the back of the infant insert.

As far as the recline, her bubble is completely on the small side of the line, just touching it. The manual pictures it differently. I forget now exactly how.

steph

It's in a little pocket on the back of the infant insert.

As far as the recline, her bubble is completely on the small side of the line, just touching it. The manual pictures it differently. I forget now exactly how.
Here are my bubbles

One is centered but the other isn't. I was told both are fine.
99cdd9000554e5ffb998c29134520ffc.jpg
d61cb2ab6f11a6824ae0ba0ecf413304.jpg

cookie123

I think yours look pretty good. Her's is just touching the line. I think the manual photos showed the line through the bubble more like yours. I believe it had 2 photos one with most of the bubble on one side, then the other.

steph

I think yours look pretty good. Her's is just touching the line. I think the manual photos showed the line through the bubble more like yours. I believe it had 2 photos one with most of the bubble on one side, then the other.
The sticker says it just has to touch. Can you use a noodle with the load leg? Also the seatbelt install might change things.

cookie123

We could barely put the little recline bar thing down. We will have to install with seatbelt if the recline ends up not being enough I guess.

steph

Recline adjustment? How did you have problems with it?

cookie123

Recline adjustment? How did you have problems with it?

I just meant that having it down made it even harder to attach the rigid latch than before we put it down. DD3 thinks it's reclined enough, me not so much. Time will tell!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC