And I hate the Regent so much... that I ordered another one

Splash

Yep, uh huh, I did. It'll be here tomorrow. With the cruddy new rules and all.

It just fit so well in my car, it installed well, and was easier for him. Obliterates my back seat, but who cares? And for the van, well... Charlie now HATES his BV. Screaming, kicking, biting, yelling, mommy that seat is POISON!!!!! hates his BV. What gives?

So I knew all along that I had a "free" Regent in storage at Britax, I just wasn't gonna do it. I thought about getting them to send a Marathon instead, but he's only got about an inch to go before he's too tall in that (versus 5-6 inches in the Regent... what gives?). Sooooo... I called Monday and they were going to overnight it today. A new Regent. Yay. My least favorite seat ever.

But, the BV would never make him to booster age, and neither would a Radian (Which won't work in my car and which AJ detests). So... Regent it is. He just looks SO dwarfed! And I'm not ready for him to be in a big boy seat!

ADS

Morganthe

Awwww, Poor Splash. I'm so sorry.

Actually, looking at recent months, you've had to go through quite a bit of adjustment with carseats. FF'd was pretty traumatic -- Regent just makes it much more real that your little baby has grown into a toddler - not a tiny one at that. Next you'll know, he's ready for school. :p

I know how you feel about the Regent. Until the Madison came out, there was no way I was getting one for my household. It's a monster to deal with when it's out of the car.
The Madison at least made it easier to capitulate. :shrug-shoulders: I really would have hated the Big Black Hole (onyx) or the icky material of the Sahara. But still, I hate having to succumb to the Beast Regent in principle. :rolleyes: :eek: But with DD going through yet another growth stage and the Recaro as a bust for the preschool set, I'm content with my assimilation. :whistle:

So are you getting the new Huntingdon or one of the older covers?

Welcome to the club :)

Last edited:

Yoshi

I would love an alternative to the Regent....a 20 top slot "something" that doesn't weigh 30 lbs, has enough shoulder room and is not on a base.....with SIP and all that jazz. Recaro screwed up, IMO. I think the Regent stands alone right now, and until something as tall comes out, sometimes it's the only choice left.:rolleyes: At least Charlie likes it!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
For climates that aren't too hot & for vehicles with high head support in center & especially when size/travel is a factor, I think the RSTV is a great alternative to the Regent -- assuming kiddo likes it (mine does)

P.S. waiting to see some pix of those big blue eyes and smiley face in the Regent :D

MsFacetious

I know what you mean Splash. It was tough for me to put my girls in the Regent. It seemed like that meant they were suddenly big. Even just going forward facing was tough. (They were 3 and 4 years old when they turned.) Then we went straight to Regents after we turned them around. It was quite the adjustment.

Like you, the seat drives me nuts. However, the kids LOVE it. I do not think they would be happy in a regular seat again. I have thought about getting something else for other vehicles, like an Apex... but I don't think my girls would go for it. They are hooked on their carseats.

I will also be getting a couple more for the other vehicle, just waiting a month or so. Hoping for that Shannon cover.. lol. If not I'll end up with Madison, which my Dad says CAN NOT go in his truck. :whistle: Wuss... :love:

And I also want to see pictures. The Onyx cover really brings out my little girl's blue eyes for some reason. Especially on sunny days...

I'm glad you found a solution even if you aren't totally thrilled with it. :)

mommyto4

For climates that aren't too hot & for vehicles with high head support in center & especially when size/travel is a factor, I think the RSTV is a great alternative to the Regent -- assuming kiddo likes it (mine does)

P.S. waiting to see some pix of those big blue eyes and smiley face in the Regent :D

Might be a stupid question, but what is RSTV? I can't figure it out and I'm curious.

vamom

Ds has the denim husky and we both love it. I sometimes wonder what it might be like to have a backseat, but ds's safety and comfort are far more important. I use to drive a n ext cab truck, and could fit most seats on each side of ds (he is in the center), but now I have a pruis, and I can't even get the radian in next to it, almost, but the car curves at the top and the door won't shut.

We have the radian for travel, but lately, I have been just lugging the husky into other cars because ds and I just like it better. I have gotten pretty good at installing it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC