Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Re: 3 rear facing carseats in Suburban

Is there a certain car seat that you use in the 3 re row rear facing so that the captain chairs will fold back into a usable position? I have twins and a toddler. I can't fit a car seat in 3rd row behind the captain chair( babies are still in infant seats) because the captain chair won't go back into place.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

How old, tall, and heavy is everyone, and what seats do you have now?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Can you take the head rest of the captain's chair? That is what we did, v and then used a rf radian in the third row.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Carseat Crazy

I haven't tried the above suggestion, but when I had a Suburban, I couldn't find any seat that would install RFing in the 3rd row.

Unregistered

I am having the same exact issue! Have you found a brand of car seat that fits rear-facing behind the captains seat?

Unregistered

Anyone find a rear facing seat that would fit behind the captains chairs?