I found the Compass True Fit at Goores.com!

ADS

keri1292

Cool! Do we know the height of the top slots yet?

Also, who writes the descriptions?...:confused:
"Built-in Lock Offs - Adds an extra level of security when properly installed. Provides a safety catch if your seat belts fail in an accident.:eek: Also helps keep your car seat installed nice and tight. "

Yea, riiiighttt...an accident that causes the seatbelt to fail, but the little lock-offs hold tight. :rolleyes:

Splash

I copied the lock off part to paste here and pick apart... I guess I got beat. I hate when people say things like that... :(

Shaunam

Question:

Does anybody know if you CAN keep the top part on for the extra height for rear-facing? Or is it only supposed to be used for ff'ing?

And what is the rf'ing weight limit?

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Question:

Does anybody know if you CAN keep the top part on for the extra height for rear-facing? Or is it only supposed to be used for ff'ing?

And what is the rf'ing weight limit?

The top part that can be removed for rearfacing can only be removed until the child weighs 22lbs, then it *must* be used with the seat. Since the seat goes to 30 (35? - can't remember and too lazy to look it up ;))lbs rearfacing, the top part can be used with the seat when rearfacing.

Shaunam

The top part that can be removed for rearfacing can only be removed until the child weighs 22lbs, then it *must* be used with the seat. Since the seat goes to 30 (35? - can't remember and too lazy to look it up ;))lbs rearfacing, the top part can be used with the seat when rearfacing.

Ok, does anyone happen to know the seat-to-top-of-shell measurement? :whistle:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
WOW! it says the weight is 24.1 pounds....That is a couple more than the Ma...so not a light carseat.....I'm wondering about the height now.....this might be our convertible for the new babe....

tjham

I heard the base is lower than the Marathon but higher than the Radian.

The Radian weighs 21 lbs., the Marathon weighs 18 lbs. so if this weighs 24 lbs, that is one heavy carseat!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
so the head rest looks height adjustable, so how many shoulder slots does it happen to have? The side image shows 4 notches that look like they adjust quite high, does anyone know how high the head rest goes and if it has slots fixed to it too??
also does it tether forward facing and why would it not tether the swedish way when rear facing?

My understanding is that the "headrest" is NOT adjustable, it is REMOVABLE, but when it is on, it is on, it does not move, and it does not have any slots in it. The report from the show said that the slots went from 10 inches to 18 inches, but that has not been confirmed by anyone IRL that I know of?????
It tethers forward facing, and i suppose there is nothing *physically* preventing Swedish RF tethering, but apparently, Compass not only does NOT ALLOW RF tethering, but is quite adamantly AGAINST Rf tethering. This was discussed in the other thread, but I can't get search to work for me to find it for you right now.......*sigh*

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC