Three across help, Corolla and Forester

U

Unregistered

I am looking for recommendations for 3 across for a 2006 Subaru Forester and a 2008 Toyota Corolla.
I have: Harmony Defender and Evenflo ?? forward facing/booster seats for my four year old.
I need: Booster for my 46+" six year old to fit in the center, AND a rear-facing or convertible infant seat for one due later this year (I'm anticipating 9+ pounds and 20+").
I appreciate any help you can offer!

ADS
U

Unregistered

I would prefer to stay below Diono/Britax price range for the booster, but am willing to pay for a longer life span on it since I have younger children I can move into it.

I don't *need* a convertible infant seat (baby can move into my 4 year old's current convertible seat when the time comes) - I just need something that can be taken out of the car. The infant seat only needs to last for the new baby, so I don't want to pay a premium price for it.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Sorry, there was some confusion.

There is no such thing as a convertible infant seat. There are convertibles and rear facing only seats (infant seats). I didn't know what you wanted. A convertible stays in the car.

For the baby, a Safety 1st Comfy Carry Elite is narrow, or a Graco Snugride 30/35 (make sure they're all front adjust). They're also inexpensive.

For a booster, the new Peg Perego Flex is definitely pricy, but it's narrow and with a 12 year lifespan I'd encourage you to check it out. You could use it until your upcoming baby is done with seats.

Otherwise, the Aidia Explorer is decently narrow, and the Harmony Dreamtime.

Wendy

ecgrimes

This is fabulous information - thank you. And thanks for the correction on the verbiage. It's been a while since I've had to buy an infant seat, I forgot exactly what the RF/FF ones are called.

You think I should be able to puzzle these together in my cars?

ecgrimes

What if, instead of a booster, I went with another car seat that can transition to a booster? I'd been thinking a booster would be less expensive, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Can you recommend any car seats that could work in this situation? It would be for a 4 year old, so something with a long lifespan would be ideal.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC