Need convertible seat for 1 year old - round 2

grandisp

Hello,
So I bought a Clek Fllo for my 1 year old and went on a trip and he was so uncomfortable. :( He is right at the cutoff for the 'infant thingy' and also his head is a strange shape in that it is sort of bulbous in the back, and I think the way the headrest sits is just right where it pushes his head out and then it flops down ...so he barely took any naps, and fussed the whole 5 hours there and back. I'm bummed and frustrated!

Right now I'm thinking I will move the Clek to my husband's car as the second seat in a pinch, until he grows a bit more and the Clek works better for him.

So now I need to find a second seat that will work better for him right now.

I bought a Cosco scenera but i just felt it was too lightweight for my taste and I did not care for the cover material, feel, etc. so I returned it.

Looking at maybe a Britax (though I said I'd never buy another because I had issues with both of ours in the past) or the Chicco NextFit. Possibly the Maxi Cosi Pria 85 ...not sure I can find that locally to try out.

I'll probably head down to BRUS to put him in a few and see how they fit him since obviously that's an issue....but just looking for any further advice. Or ways to tweak the Clek?

ADS

featherhead

I would look for a seat without headwings, or with headwings that don't push the head forward. I'm not sure Britax would be any better. Diono seats do not add a thick piece behind the child's head, so those might work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

grandisp

I would look for a seat without headwings, or with headwings that don't push the head forward. I'm not sure Britax would be any better. Diono seats do not add a thick piece behind the child's head, so those might work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm ok, thanks. Looks like the maxi cosi has them. I found Diono so hard to install, wash/clean, etc. But like them other than that.

featherhead

Hmm ok, thanks. Looks like the maxi cosi has them. I found Diono so hard to install, wash/clean, etc. But like them other than that.
There are others as well, Diono just came to mind first. Maybe some of the Graco seats? We don't have any of them in Canada, so I'm not familiar with them.

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L05 using Tapatalk

grandisp

I'm not a huge fan of Graco - I guess I got into a bit of mistrust since we had a Nautilus and ended up with the buckle that got stuck due to stuff being dripped into it. And then reading more recently about the straps pulling out - I guess I just don't trust them even though I'm sure there are issues with every seat.

I took LO to BRUS today but I guess he hates the Clek so much that he now hates me putting him into any carseat. So it was hard to tell if any of them were more comfy. The Chicco Nextfit seemed like it might be an option - since it has 9 recline positions...assuming I could lean it back a bit and still be within the acceptable range and still fit in the car (Ford Expedition EL)....it might work. But I think I'll have to try it in the car to know for sure. They don't have Dionos at BRUS so I wasn't able to try any out. Not really sure what to do now. I guess buy something online and make sure it has free returns & free return shipping?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC