britax clicktight and 2017 sienna

MyLittleTyke

Senior Community Member
Hello,

We just bought a 2017 Toyota Sienna yesterday afternoon. I have a son who is 3.5 years old and still rearfacing in his Britax Advocate Clicktight seat. I have a couple of questions...

1.) if you have a sienna, did you find the use of a pool noodle necessary? The seat has a steep incline (and it appears that we have the tip seats, not ottoman, so that angle cannot be adjusted). He is 3.5 years, but the indicator button was all the way to the end, so it is as inclined as possible. The tether did help pull it into a better position (I know that is not ideal, but we needed to get home from the dealership. Now that we are home, I can explore better options).

2.) While I did manage to make the rear-facing tether work (my model pre-dates the anti recline bar and allows rearfacing tethering), it was very difficult and there is barely enough strap length. I am considering ordering a recline bar, but I am worried about how that will work with a leggy 3 year old. Will he have room for his legs? It's tight as it is, and his legs are squashed/crossed. He doesn't seem to mind, but I am not sure how this bar works with older toddlers.

Thank you.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Do you have a picture of your install, please?

You cannot use the tether to change the angle. It can break the seat. Is your seat ok?

You can use a noodle or rolled towel, yes.

Wendy

MyLittleTyke

Senior Community Member
Thank you for the reply. Yes, my seat is fine. It's not like I was pulling on it really hard to change the angle. I spent 13 years as an active CPST, and recently gave it up about a year and a half ago. So I wanted to make sure that standards haven't changed since I don't keep up with it anymore. The pool noodle worked great.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC