Question Evenflo sureride/titan65 question

brelza

Are there strap extenders? I'm curious as my 6.5y/o son barely fits comfortably in the seat *for now* but not much longer. He's 48" and about 45lb so he's below the max weight/height for this seat. We have the straps at the 2nd to top slots and barely have enough threading/webbing to be able to buckle the seat(I can tighten maybe not quite 1/2" when fully pulled out). We did try it on the top slots and it was really hard for me to get it buckled...it BARELY worked and seemed to be putting a lot of stress on the buckle.

Debating on what we are going to do at this point. I have 3 teens,a 12y/o, a 6y/o and a 10 mo old in a 2011 sienna. Normally my 12y/o daughter sits in the middle 8th seat between the TFP and surride. HOWEVER, I have noticed lately she sometimes will unbuckle the sureride seatbelt when doing her own seat so I'd really rather NOT have a seat installed 2nd row passenger. Also, I fold down the seats in the back row when I go to the feed store or grocery so an installed car seat in the back row isn't ideal. I'm contemplating moving him out of that seat and putting him in a booster in the 8th seat BUT...I haven't found a HBB that fits in that position. (just seen someone mentioned the bubblebum nbb might so I'll check that out). I've been contemplating a mifold too. Suggestions?

ADS

brelza

It's an option, but I was trying to completely free up the 2nd row passenger captains chair to make getting in/out of the vehicle easier. Getting the 3 teens in the backseat is currently a royal pain. Usually they crawl in through the trunk and have someone available to close it. But even that is "move over" "you stepped on my foot!" etc in the back row. I was contemplating putting the 12y/o girl in the back and allowing one of the taller bigger boys in the passenger seat captain's chair to give a little more room.

lgenne

Got it. What about a narrow high back booster for the 6 year old in the 3rd row? Easy in/out for when the 3rd row needs to go up/down, and you can have 2 5-steppers in the 2nd row.

brelza

This too is a possibility but I do know that using a booster in the middle seat doesn't work as well as a car seat or nothing. I was trying to avoid a booster in the middle and thought since my daughter can 5step in the middle that would be a better option. I guess I need to start looking at some boosters for the 6y/o. We have one but it is always in my husband's car at this point. Maybe I can pull it out and try it in different positions before getting something to stay in the van.

lgenne

I'm suggesting baby/12yo/teenager in the 2nd row. That gets you easy access to the 3rd row, no complicated car seats in the jump seat, and easy up/down for the 3rd row.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC