Question Possible seat belt issue

HEVY

When R was taking off her seat belt (front seat) I noticed there was a crack, here's a pic

Mine
2017-03-12%2018.40.06_zpsexdcdct3.jpg

Hers
2017-03-12%2018.38.54_zps98b8p9mj.jpg

2017-03-12%2018.39.02_zpscxpk7qvx.jpg

2017-03-12%2018.41.50_zpslvm36hhe.jpg

ADS

Dillipop

Contact the vehicle manufacturer and ask. They might replace it free or low cost, even if the vehicle is old.

It's possible the plastic made the belt a lightweight locking latchplate and with a non-car seat user would be ok to use without the plastic. But only the vehicle manufacturer would be able to make that decision. I'd hold off using it for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BunniesMommy

I have an email address of a safety person at Ford that I have been in contact with a couple times. I will find it and send it to you in PM.

HEVY

Contact the vehicle manufacturer and ask. They might replace it free or low cost, even if the vehicle is old.

It's possible the plastic made the belt a lightweight locking latchplate and with a non-car seat user would be ok to use without the plastic. But only the vehicle manufacturer would be able to make that decision. I'd hold off using it for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the seat belts but mine are the same, but they don't lock there, they lock by retracting. But she's in the back again, she is NOT happy, lol.

I have an email address of a safety person at Ford that I have been in contact with a couple times. I will find it and send it to you in PM.

I got the info you sent, thank you.

HEVY

Well, the whole thing would have to be replaced, though it probably won't. So the back seat again for the kid. I called to local Ford and spoke to service, they called back, left a message for me to call them back. So I did. What I get is a message saying, "this is Pat, give me a call", wth? I redialed the first time, then I dialed from the caller id, then in put it myself a few times. Someone done screwed up the line.

HEVY

After emailing the woman 2BunniesMommy gave me I found out that the plastic part is for car seats, under it states do not use for car seat. she said her engineer said it's safe to use. I went to Ford because they said it's discontinued and I would have to get one from a used car, I asked if I could use one of my other seat belts, they said no, still waiting from the woman I emailed to see what her engineer says. Ford said I would be charged $100 for the used seat belt and another $90 to install it, I hate dealers, they also said they can't say if it's safe. The only thing I worry about is...If you look at the drivers seat buckle you see how it weaves onto that plate, with the passenger side it's just weaved once, you can picture if it you imagined all the plastic off. Also the front passenger belt doesn't lock, have the tention like the back, unless there's impact.

I don't know what to do

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC