Question Fllo vs Rainier

ladybug ari

I was wondering if anyone preferred one over the other and why. Currently have a 2014 Santa Fe. The fllo would allow more room for the front seat? Currently have a chicco keyfit30 that doesn't allow much room for the front seat. I couldn't find the article/post that listed the measurements. Sorry for being all Over the place lol thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

While the Fllo is absolutely and easier install, I found it would not fit in my Chevy HHR, even in the center. The Diono fit behind the front seats with the angle adjuster, but it is really fiddly to install and has so many parts to keep track of. As KQ said, there are others that might work, too. How old, tall, and heavy is your little one?

ladybug ari

Yes! That's the post. Thank you!!!
I like those two because they're not as confining I guess you could say. I like how open they are. I haven't looked into the bulkier ones to be honest. We're also hoping to have one more kiddo in the near future, but hopefully I'll have a different vehicle by then lol I'm just thinking how to fit 3 across if/when the time comes. I think my oldest daughter's oober wouldn't fit into the equation lol

ladybug ari

While the Fllo is absolutely and easier install, I found it would not fit in my Chevy HHR, even in the center. The Diono fit behind the front seats with the angle adjuster, but it is really fiddly to install and has so many parts to keep track of. As KQ said, there are others that might work, too. How old, tall, and heavy is your little one?

My little one is petite. She's 6 months, 14lbs, 26in lol but i'm tired of using the infant seat. My oldest used to be in a Sunshine Kids RadianXT? I forget the proper name and I liked how open it was and with my lack of knowledge on recent car seats I've only looked into those.

lgenne

I wouldn't call the Fllo open.

If you want something open with an easy install that doesn't take up much front to back space, I'd look at the Graco Milestone, or if you have concerns about narrowness, the very similar Graco Slimfit.

ladybug ari

I wouldn't call the Fllo open.

If you want something open with an easy install that doesn't take up much front to back space, I'd look at the Graco Milestone, or if you have concerns about narrowness, the very similar Graco Slimfit.

Thanks!! I feel so lost with all the choices now lol

ladybug ari

Also is there one that sits more upright than others? The little one hates lying down for anything.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You may even look at the Scenera Next. It's shorter lived but cheap enough to make up for it. It's open, it's compact when upright, and once the child can sit unassisted it can literally be as upright as you want. Bolt upright if you prefer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC