Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Diono RXT leaning in Honda Odyssey

We recently got a 2011 Honda Odyssey and are having a really hard time getting a good install with our Diono Radian RXT. It is drivers side, second row, RFing and since we have added the angle adjuster the whole setup leans into the middle terribly and isn't as tight as I am used to having a seat. In the past, I have always been able to get rock solid installs with all of my seats (in my '05 Dodge caravan) but I can barely get under the 1" movement with this seat in the Odyssey and again, it leans significantly towards the middle. The issue seems to be the contouring of the seat, but others seem to be able to manage to get this configuration to work so I am not sure what we are doing wrong. HELP!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Diono RXT leaning in Honda Odyssey

You're using the seatbelt?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Carseat Crazy

Yes, seatbelt install. I was looking at it again today and debating putting a locking clip on to see if that would help, but it still looks like a seat contour issue because the seats curve up a bit on each side and the angle adjuster is so wide that it doesn't fit in the "valley" of the contour, but instead rides up on one side and slides down into the "valley" on the buckle side because the buckle isn't out on the side of the seat like in my old van, but inset a bit. I don't know though, maybe a locking clip would help with that too?

CPS Fanatic

I have a 2013 Odyssey with a RF Radian with angle adjuster in the passenger side captain's chair, seat belt install. No issues. Is there a spot you think I could take a picture of that might help?