Mini Vans- Honda vs Toyota

tubiemommy

We had a 2004 Honda Odyssey until Sunday when the transmission went on the interstate. We now need to buy a new van. We are between the Odyssey and the Sienna and in our area there are several in our price range.

We are looking a 2012 or newer and low miles.

We have two kids in car seats 4yr and 8mo and both are rf and will be until they have to flip around due to car seat limits (we have a Nextfit, Uppa Baby Mesa and Evenflo Symphony DLX) At this point more kids are not in our near feature but have talked about one day doing medical fostering.

My kids both have a lot of medical needs so the vehicle is mainly used for driving to therapy and the hour drive to all of their dr and hospital. We put a lot of high way miles on.

A big thing for me is Bluetooth for my phone, I know that sounds silly but if an important dr is calling when I am driving I need to answer because calling them back and getting to talk to them again might take days of phone tag. Right now I don't have a hands free set up in my car but that is really important to me in the next one.

Back end space is also important, we rarely use our 3rd row but always have a City Select double, wagon, and soon a ped wheelchair in the back. Being able to hall all of those things are important.

We need a vehicle that is going to last a long time, work well and handle snowy winters. If you had to choose one which would you choose and why? This is my second Honda that the transmission went from working fine to totally dead fast so that is why the Toyota is being considered this time too.

ADS

AmyByExample

Toyota Sienna AWD - my sister, 3 cousins and I all had Honda Odyssey - We all LOVED them BUT, terrible in the snow - some tried snow tires, not much improvement.
One cousin recently got Toyota Sienna AWD & said huge difference in the snow. Even with 3rd row up has an impressive amount of storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC