Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Canada Clek fllo installation help or new vehicle suggestions

Hi!
    So I recently purchased all new seats to fit 3 across my 2010 Chevy equinox. 2 clek fllos, and I just bought an Evenflo litemax 35 for the new baby coming because I couldn't get a tight install with our chicco keyfit right on the edge of the seat as needed for 3 across. I THOUGHT my problem was solved with evenflo outboard, fllo centre FF and fllo outboard RF. but the first time I took my kids out in the car, my FF clek fllo install was loose when I took my son out. It's installed centre position. I tried reinstalling so many times, but it seems it can only be either flush with the seat back OR the base is flush with the seat bottom, but both can't be flush at the same time if that makes sense? So when I get it installed tight against the seat back or seatbottom then as soon as my sons weight goes in it, it just slides around. I'm at a loss. All seats are using seatbelt install. I have also tried the fllo outboard, but I can't get it to stay tight there either due to the vehicle headrest that gets in the way. Does anyone have suggestions for how to improve the install or what I may be doing wrong?

If not, my next question is for vehicle recommendations good for 3 car seats. What should I look for? I'm open to minivan or SUV. I have been trying to make this 3 across situation work for months and baby is due in 4 weeks, so at this point I may have to give up. I feel I've tried everything! Our budget is between $10-15,000.

Thank you so much.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Clek fllo installation help or new vehicle suggestions

How are you using the lock offs?

What about recommendations for different car seats? Even if it means 3 new seats, I think we can keep that within $10-15K.