Looking for advice re: harness or booster

MommiC

I have two DD's.

One is 3 and one will be 8 in April.

My 3 year old is in her sisters old True Fit in my car and Marathon in DH truck.

7 year old (48 inches and 53#) is in a Radian in my car and Frontier 90 in DH truck.

Both the Marathon and True Fit are expiring and I need to make a decision on what to do with seat arrangements.

Ideally I want to keep my almost 8 year old DD harnessed. We both feel it is much safer. However, the thought of the expense for 2 new seats is also killing me. So I am here for advice.

I drive a sedan and very frequently have a 3rd kid in the car. True Fit on driver side, Radian on passenger, booster jammed in the middle. (Also looking into options on that: Bubblebum maybe? MiFold?)

Anyways, what would you all do? Buy the 3 year old DD 2 new seats? And if so which seats do u recommend?

I should also mention, I am against majority here and am not a fan of the Radian, minus the small footprint in my sedan. It is too heavy and a PAIN to install in my sedan. I can install both Britax in my husband truck in 30 seconds perfectly, and would like something with ease of use for sure.

Thanks SO much!!!

ADS

happymom

I'm really happy with the Harmony Defender. It harnesses quite long and is high quality for a $100 seat, small footprint is a plus as well.

However, I'd probably get a booster for your almost 8 year old. A properly fitted booster compares to safety of a harnessed seat =)

abigaylebelle

I would look into a dedicated booster for your 8 year old. We don't have any data to suggest that harnessing is safer for a child her age, and it would be less expensive to invest in boosters at this point.

The britax parkway might work for her as it is relatively narrow at the base and has the slideguard for an extra point of restraint. We really liked ours and were able to fit it into a few three across scenarios.

Other boosters you might like: chicco kidfit, recaro performance booster, diono monterey, graco turbobooster/turboboosterlx/affix.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC