Question Forester - 3 across (2 boosters, one convert) WITHOUT a Bubblebum?

lillie3

My husband just bought a 2017 Subaru Forester. We have an Odyssey for our kid's daily travel and school drop offs, but I was wondering if 2 backless boosters and a FF convertible harnessed seat are doable in the Forester, WITHOUT using a Bubblebum seat. My kids are all huge for their age, and the older two are too big and too wide to balance on the Bubblebum.

In the Odyssey, the older two (ages 6 and 8) ride in Graco Affixes with seatbelts, and the youngest (age 2.5, 42 lbs, 40 inches tall) uses a FF Clek Fllo.

In the rare event that my husband has to take the older 2 to school, our plan was for us to just buy 2 more Affixes and call it a day. But I dare to dream lol, and wonder if we could shoehorn 3 in there for a trip or two someday.

Would something like 2 Safety 1st Incognitos and a Diono Radian work?

Thanks in advance!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I wouldn't buy a Radian for a forward facing child. You're using 1/3 of the seat.

I'd look at the Graco Tranzitions/Wayz and the Harmony Defender. Then two Harmony Youth Boosters for either side. Incognitos may work as well.

Wendy

pooh136

I have a Tranzitions as well as several Radians. While their overall width is similar, the seat area of the Tranzitions is wider and harder to buckle if sitting next to it. I would look into an Evenflo Sureride for your 2.5 year old since it sits up on a base and should be easier for your booster riders to buckle. Harmony youth or incognito should work for narrow backless boosters.

lillie3

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I did get a hold of an Incognito and couldn't get it to fit in the center seat. Is the general consensus that only the convertible seat should go in the center position? I'm planning on buying a Harmony Youth seat later today to try out too. Has anyone at all put these side by side and had them fit?

abigaylebelle

I have put a harmony youth next to a cosco topside in the forester. It wasn't easy to buckle, however. The incognito next to a harmony youth might work with the incognito outboard. The harmony youth and cosco topside both fit in the center of the forester without overlapping the buckle stalks.

Usually I have either a britax boulevard (not clicktight) or a combi coccoro in the center with two boosters outboard. I find it easier to move the boosters toward the doors to buckle and then scoot them back in. The boulevard is easier for buckling boosters due to the narrow base, so on that point the sureride might work better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC