My 1st 2 days of CPS class!

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Well, I'm halfway done. I'm loving this class. :love: It is SO awesome and so much fun. There are others in my class who have seriously never touched a car seat, so they're more stressed out than anything else right now, but having already learned so much from you guys, I'm having a blast! :D I have already volunteered to help out at a place that has a car seat give-away program where they educate the parents and teach them how to install the seats before letting them take them home, so that should be fun. My instructors have really really stressed the importance of ERF and one of my instructors absolutely LOVES RF tethers and has talked quite a bit about them. I'm the only one in the class that is familiar with Britax seats at all, so when we went out to the vehicles, I showed them how to find an anchor point and use the D-ring. I'm going to take my Radian next week because my instructors haven't even seen one and when a picture of one came up on a slide, the one guy (instructor) said, "this is an example of a FF only seat". Um, no. There are other little things like that that I have actually corrected my instructors, hoping to not sound like too much of a know-it-all, but when the other instructor called a Safeseat a "Graco Safety 1st" and said that it was the only infant seat that goes to 30 lbs, I couldn't help it! LOL! Then, the other instructor (there are 3 of them), started to tell us that we can tell parents that they can use a receiving blanket under their baby in their infant seat, cut holes in it for the straps, and then fold it over their baby... well, the other 2 instructors corrected her immediately. And this same one bugs me a little teeny bit because she said "car restraint" instead of "child restraint" for 'CR'. Am I being too picky? :rolleyes:
So, I know I'm rambling on. I'm just having SO much fun! I mean, really, a whole class devoted to car seats!? Who wouldn't have fun, right? :D We finish up next week with a normal class day on Wednesday and then our check-up event on Thursday. I can't wait to officially be a tech!
Thanks for letting me ramble! :)

ADS

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
AWESOME!!!You'll love seat check day....

One lesson I learned---take some latex gloves for the really grody cars...I wish I had.

Susan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC