Sienna vs. Sedona vs. Ford 10 passenger

MelodyoftheForest

Hi all!
My brother and sister-in-law are on the lookout for a new van. Their early-2000s Caravan is on its last legs. My sis asked me to find out more about the Sienna, Sedona, and Ford Transit 10 passenger, all 2014 or newer. I had mentioned to her to stay away from newer Dodge/Chrysler vans because of the 3rd row seatbelt geometery, so she wants to make sure whatever they get will work for their family. Family consists of the parents, who are both on the tall side, and:

H, age 9.5, about 100 lbs, tall and stocky, currently in the third row in an Incognito
A, age 7, average height and weight, second row toward center (2-person bench seat) in a Graco Affix high back
R, age 3.5, under 30 lbs and average build, second row behind driver in a Milestone FF

The two girls, A and R, tend to get carsick, or else they would have RF longer. A is worse and likes to be able to see out the front from where she sits, though I am guessing she could tolerate a window seat now. This is also why H ends up in the back where the ride is a bit rockier. He does not get carsick and can be trusted to buckle himself. The interest in the 10 passenger van is mostly in having more cargo space.

Thanks in advance for the input!

ADS

bubbaray

I wouldn't get a 10 passenger van for 3 kids. Are they having more kids? If they are done I'd go with either of the vans or possibly an Odyssey.

Last edited:

MelodyoftheForest

Edited after talking to sis: They want room for camping equipment and are currently praying about fostering in the future. They like to use their vehicles for as long as possible.

lgenne

Are they thinking about fostering more than 3? If not, I would get an 8 passenger (and the Odyssey should definitely be on the list, for all those tether anchors) and get a roof rack.

MelodyoftheForest

Thanks, I have passed this info along. Can anyone speak to the belt geometry in the Ford Transit 150 10 passenger? I want her to have all the info she needs to make a choice. Thanks again!

onebabymonkey

I just made a post about the 10 passenger transit. She might find it helpful. We have a Sedona and I like it, except we cannot fit five car seats in it. It also only has one latch spot and two tethers in the back row.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC