Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Honda odyssey

Honda odyssey

Hello all! I drive a,12 passenger. We're tossing the idea around of getting an odyssey for a 2 nd vehicle. To drive when I "only" have 5 kids or less with me.

Witch car seats fit nicely In the Odyssey? Convertible and boosters please.

Thanks!
    Kelley- mom of seven!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Honda odyssey

What model year? How many of each kind of car seat do you want?

Hi! We will be buying something 2011 or newer...I don't know much about the Odyssey, but definitely leaning new as possible.

1 RF convertible. 1 harness seat FF foe a smaller 5 yr old. And 1 hbb booster seat for a leggy almost 7 yr old. And I'd like to keep 1lbb as an emergency for other kids.
    Also, do incognito's install well in the Odyssey?

Any other thoughts on the Odyssey? I'm spoiled with a ton of room in my full size van, but I'm thinking something smaller would be nice when I dont have all the kids .
    Kelley- mom of seven!

CPS Fanatic

With as many kids as you have, I'd say make sure you get an 8 passenger, so you can get 6 kids in the back.

Really, other than the +1, it's a super easy vehicle for car seats.

I know the Harmony Defender works great in the +1 and allows the captain's chairs to tumble for 3rd row access. Whatever convertible you want can go outboard.

Do you want the booster in the 3rd row, so you can access the 3rd row easier?

Yes, a booster in 3 rd row would work the best I think. Witch boosters fit the back?
    Kelley- mom of seven!

Also, would a ff harness seat fit in back with room for a llb or hbb booster beside it?

Would a Diono fit both RF and Ff?

Thanks so much!
    Kelley- mom of seven!

CPS Fanatic

I've never had a booster in the 3rd row, but it has good belt geometry, removable headrests that don't interfere with installs anyway, and no weirdly shaped seats or exposed hinges. The only exception is that the center shoulder belt originates from the ceiling, which might lead to retraction issues in a HBB.

Dionos work in all outboard positions, FF in the +1, and (with some serious struggle) FF center 3rd row. I haven't tried RF. Not compatible with the +1 RF.

9. Thank You from:

Kel

I have a Recaro booster in the third row of mine, and it works fine. I haven't tried a harnessed seat back there yet, but it seems like it would work. Would just be a matter of whether it made the middle seat too narrow for the person sitting there.
    Mom to: dd 17yo
    dd 14yo
    ds 11yo in Recaro Vivo
    dd 7yo in Graco Nautilus
    and newbie coming mid-2017

11. Thank You from:

Kel

Great thank you!!
    Kelley- mom of seven!

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

I've used the Safety 1st Boost Air, Britax Parkway SG-L, and Maxi-Cosi Ridofix back there. Backless, I've used the Incognito, Bubblebum, Graco Connext, Baby Trend Hybrid backless, Diono Solana. I'd expect most boosters would work there.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

14. Thank You from:

Kel

Thank you!
    I'm totally new to the Honda Odyssey. I was fully expecting to up grad to an NV. Then it just dawned me that it makes no sense to have 2 full size vans. I'm going to keep the ford for family outing. But I think ill drive the little van daily with just 3-6 kids. I have three teens so they can use the front seat also.
    Kelley- mom of seven!