Need installation help!

U

Unregistered

Has anyone ever successfully installed a car seat in the second rows center seat of a 2007 Honda Pilot?? I've been wrestling car seats for two days and cannot get anything properly installed!! My pregnant belly hurts and I'm about to just throw all of these seats on the burn pile and vow to never leave my house again. So far I've tried a britax boulevard, a diono radian rxt and a clek fllo. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try?? Thanks!

ADS
U

Unregistered

I was just thinking that I should rephrase this with less irritation and more information lol. Man can carseats be frusterating!! Anyhoo...I am currently trying to get either the clek or the diono installed rear facing in that center position with the seat belt. So far the only seat that I have been able to get installed properly is the clicktight, with the clek and the diono rear facing on either side. This positioning works fine as far as fit and all of that, but then my four year old son has to crawl underneath the rf seat to get out and he really does not like that. I could put him in one of the outside positions but I don't think I could very easily reach the center seat to buckle either the new baby or my 1 and a half year old (with him in the middle I am able to just buckle him from the front seat). So what I think might work best is to have two rf seats side by side in the 2nd row and one seat ff in the third row. I have tried twisting the belt stock (is that what it's called?) two times and with the diono have tried where you get the seat installed as tight as you can and then unbuckle and feed the belt back into the retracter and then rebuckle. It helped but it was still quite loose on the side opposite of where it buckles in at. It is a type of belt that comes down from the ceiling and clicks into a small buckle at the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC