Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Pioneer vs. Frontier - PSA :)

I accumulated 3 Pioneers from Nov. 2012 (when they were pretty new to the market) through March 2016. Once installed they're great but installing those seats w/seatbelt was the biggest pain I've encountered as a CPST. I would borderline abuse them in order to get an appropriate installation. It was awful and probably had to move those seats around more than any other seat I've owned.

A couple of weeks ago my daughter saw the Britax Cowmoo print and fell in love. She kept asking for it and given that I wanted to ditch the Pioneer, I caved.

Installing with the clicktight is clearly a breeze. (I've installed many Britax clicktight convertibles, so I knew this already but actually experiencing a 2 minute install vs a 20 minute ordeal was insane.

If you are contemplating Pioneer vs Frontier, get the Frontier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lauren: Detention Officer & CPST
    Mom to JRR (12/2009) -- riding in a Cybex M-Fix; occasional use: EvenFlo LBB, BubbleBum, & MiFold
    and LDM (4/2013) -- FF in a Clek Foonf & Britax Frontier ClickTight.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Pioneer vs. Frontier - PSA :)

Yeah. I really don't enjoy the Pioneer install.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

4. Thank You from:

I never tried the Pioneer. I know my car and it feels like any ffing seat is a struggle. I did try the Maestro, just in case. And awhile back I tried the Graco Transitions. I decided to skip trying the Pioneer and just get the Frontier. I really wanted something less heavy but you just can't give up the super easy install. Your post just confirms the fact that I made the right decision. Interestingly Our BrUs bill got lost under the seat of the car and DH didn't realize it was missing. We haven't used the card that much. We had to pay the late fee and he wasn't happy. We got in a big fight over it. When our new bill came he made me call them to be sure of the balance since the late payment wasn't credited. She offered to refund the late fee. But only once a year.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

6. Thank You from:

I had a Pioneer for a day and returned it. Installation was pretty impossible with a seatbelt. I'm so glad I returned it - I have leather seats now and can't even imagine attempting to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie123 View Post
    Our BrUs bill got lost under the seat of the car and DH didn't realize it was missing. We haven't used the card that much. We had to pay the late fee and he wasn't happy. We got in a big fight over it. When our new bill came he made me call them to be sure of the balance since the late payment wasn't credited. She offered to refund the late fee. But only once a year.
    Exact same thing happened to us. Exactly.

Mama to G. (born March of 2013, riding FF in a Chicco MyFit, an IMMI Go, and a Britax Marathon)... and L. (born June of 2015, riding RF in a Graco Milestone, a Graco Extend-2-Fit 3-in-1 and a Graco SlimFit)

Quote Originally Posted by Nedra View Post
    Exact same thing happened to us. Exactly.

Sorry to hear it! Well just so you know, it's due on the 16th of the month!
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG