Cosco Scenera Next vs. Evenflo Tribute Sport

hpdad

I am sure there are same threads on here but still have few questions between those two.

My baby girl is 12 months, 21 lbs, and 31 in. I am looking for a spare car seat. And I am looking at those two: Scenera $45 and Evenflo $37.

Question:

1. On Evenflo's manual says that do not use highest set of harness slots for RF. Does that mean RF is shorter life than Scenera?

2. Evenflo's web site says RF 5-40 lbs but Amazon's web site says RF is 5-30 lbs. And also I had read on here said only to 30, and some said 35 lbs?? I believe Evenflo's web site but wanted to confirm.

http://www.evenflo.com/car-seats/tribute/us_tribute.html

https://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Tribute-Sport-Convertible-Gunther/dp/B00AJSIQCW?th=1

Which is the best pick for my use?

Thanks

Last edited:
ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Scenera Next is longer lasting rear facing with 40 pounds/40"/1" of shell above the head. The Tribute goes to 40 pounds/37"/1" of shell above the head.

The Scenera Next is also more compact and easier to install since you don't have to worry about a specific angle.

Wendy

hpdad

Well, bought them both and return them all. My baby now fits fine with last harness slot on Cosco and the third slot (highest slot for RF) on Evenflo. But she might be out grown them in the summer when needed for the air trip.

And I also to use as a spare car seat on my car after the trip.

How about Evenflo Sureride 65? Can it be fitted on the air plane's seat?

MelodyoftheForest

It is fine if she is on the top slot of the seat as long as there is growing room over her head you should be able to get some use out of either seat.

I have a SureRide for travel and a spare seat. It will not install RF in the plane. It will fit in the center rear of most vehicles, but is often too tall to RF in an outboard position. Be sure you have a towel to put under the recline foor. I made the decision to FF on the plane, but my daughter could not sleep that way. She was about 21 months when we flew with it.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I don't know anything about the tribute sport, but I am wondering if you can double check whether your daughter has outgrown the NEXT. You're using it RF, right? Even though she might be on the top slots, it seems unlikely that she would have her head within 1" of the top. My daughter has 1.5" over her head. Granted, she's petite for her age, but she's 30 lbs, 36" and she turns 4 years old next month. With your daughters stats, I would expect her to have a significant amount of time left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC