Question Booster w/narrow footprint

laurengt

We have a 2007 Impala that I need a booster for. It will sit outboard passenger side and is for a 7 year old who is 50" and 60 pounds. I prefer a HBB because he isn't great at sitting up when he's on a backless.

Buckling the seatbelt is the problem for us. It is almost impossible to buckle with any of the seats we have because they practically sit on top of the belt buckle.

Seats we have tried: Pioneer 70, Cybex M-Fix, Diono Cambria. A bubble bum fits there, which is what we have been using, but since he doesn't sit well without a back to help position him it's not a great long-term option right now.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

Keeyamah

Evenflo big kid?

We have an Evenflo Big Kid Amp and my 50" 60lbs 7.5 yr old is on the top click. He also wears a size 8 shirt. He has a few more months (barring growth spurt) before he outgrows it, but I am looking at NBB and possibly the Incognito for him when I get a car with headrests. So I'm not sure it's the best option for her as it likely wouldn't give her too much time before she is back in this same spot, but it might fit differently in her car than mine and give her more time than me.

laurengt

We have an Evenflo Big Kid Amp and my 50" 60lbs 7.5 yr old is on the top click. He also wears a size 8 shirt. He has a few more months (barring growth spurt) before he outgrows it, but I am looking at NBB and possibly the Incognito for him when I get a car with headrests. So I'm not sure it's the best option for her as it likely wouldn't give her too much time before she is back in this same spot, but it might fit differently in her car than mine and give her more time than me.

Thanks for that input. Knowing it could be outgrown quickly takes that one out of the running.

Keeyamah

Thanks for that input. Knowing it could be outgrown quickly takes that one out of the running.

No problem at all. I just would have hated for you to get one and then find out he's almost out of it already.

laurengt

Persimmon

That sounds very appealing.
How is the Rodifix's depth? My son is already way overhanging on his M-Fix. The depth of the Cambria is good, jut way too wide.

I don't have any experience with those boosters, but here are the measurements for the Rodifix:
Measurements: (note measurements are from the Rodi, not Rodi XR)
Lowest Belt Guide Height: 14.75 in.
Highest Belt Guide Height: 20.5 in.
Tallest Internal Seating Height: 28.5 in.
Tallest External Seat Height: 31.75 in.
Internal Base Seating Depth: 14 in.
External Base Seating Depth: 15 in.
Internal Base Seating Width: 11 in.
External Base Seating Width: 17.5 in.
High-back Max. External Width: 17 in.

The carseat.org measurement guide didn't have any measurements for the Cambria for comparison. If you take any, you could send them to a mod for updating.

ETA: Eek! I just realized that these measurements are for the Rodi, not the Rodifix. Sorry about that. The booster is out of town with DH at the moment so I can't measure it. He gets back in one week. DS4 has never complained about leg support. He hasn't ridden in very much though and only has Parkway SGL for comparison.

Last edited:

laurengt

The carseat.org measurement guide didn't have any measurements for the Cambria for comparison. If you take any, you could send them to a mod for updating.

I returned it before I saw this the other day but if I run into it again I'll take some measurements.

I had it in an outboard position of a Chevy impala, which is a wide, roomy car. The Cambria literally sat over about 50-75% of the buckle. It would probably be best in a bucket seat I guess.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC