Question 3 yr. old turning to front face

U

Unregistered

My 40lb, 40" tall 3.5 year old rear facing daughter in a Diono radian has had her feet fall asleep in any car ride over 20 minutes the past 2 weeks. i drive a 2005 4Runner, She is behind the passenger and her 15 month old brother is in a clek fllo in the middle. The seat behind the driver is always open for a passenger. Is this normal? She has been at the point of tears and I feel like I need to turn her forward facing even though she has 3 inches to grow before maxing out the seat. Any ideas? Maybe I should separate their seats? Or is this just a sign that she needs to turn forward? Thank you in advance for your advice. My brain says to turn her but my gut says she needs to wait and max out the seat.

ADS

featherhead

Maybe you have the straps across her legs too tight? The straps should be snug, but not pressing into flesh at all. It could be that she grew a bit and needs the straps loosened up a touch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AllieK

My DS, who is FF was complaining about this because he was sitting cross-legged - I told him he needed to switch up the position of his legs more often while we were driving and now he does fine.

Dillipop

I would try switching their seats first to see if it makes a difference . And also make sure the straps aren't too tight across her thighs. Either one of those might help her be more comfortable.

But if it doesn't, turning her to face forward is a safe choice for a 3 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

Unregistered

Thanks everyone!! I tried switching seats but his is blue and hers is purple so any 3 year old girl would obviously have issues with that :) i tried loosening the straps a bit and reminded her to move her legs and we didn't have any issues today.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC