Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

high-back booster before 40 lbs.?

I am just wondering about thoughts on putting a thin older child under 40 lbs in a HBB if the seat is rated for it?

In more detail, DD2 is 6yo, 36.8 lbs, 44 in., RF in a Radian/Rainier. She is hitting the stated height limit, though still has at least 2-3 in. on the shell. I told her she could FF at 6.5, which is when DD1 went into a Clek Oobr. I have a Volvo XC70, and don't think I will get a good fit on the Radian FF due to the headrests. The Oobr works well in the car. At this rate, it could be a while until DS2 is 40 lbs.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Re: high-back booster before 40 lbs.?

Is that with or without shoes and clothing? I'd probably be ok moving to a highback booster rated below 40 pounds at 6.5. Depending on clothing or meals, she could be over on any given day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCO 4/15

Re: high-back booster before 40 lbs.?

The weight is with clothes, without shoes. I'm not sure how quickly she will gain weight.