Question Booster combination seat?

U

Unregistered

Hello Everyone!
My daughter is two and a half. She is 36 inches and weighs 34 lbs. Her current car seat is 40" rear or forward facing and 43 lbs. She has been rear facing to this point. It seems that maybe she is reaching the car seat limit in the harness from her upper body height. As she is nearing the limits for this seat we are looking to get her the next seat. I was thinking of the buying the Britax Frontier click tight. I like that this seat has the highest harness hight because my kids are tall. Would this be appropriate for her? I see that she would be okay height and weight wise but is it okay to put her in a booster combination seat at this time? Also, does it make sense to turn her forward facing at this point?

ADS

lgenne

Hi and welcome!

What car seat is she in now? How is she outgrowing it?

At 2.5, turning her forward facing is a perfectly reasonable choice; it's also quite possible to keep her rear facing at her size, and safer.

If you want to forward face her, the Frontier is a great seat. There is no reason to believe that any other forward facing seat would be better for her.

If you'd rather keep her rear facing (around here most of us try to get closer to 4) we'd be happy to help with ideas for seats that would rear face longer and be useful forward facing, even for tall kids.

U

Unregistered

Thank you for replying. It just seems to be getting very hard to get her buckled in her car seat. It is at the loosest setting and the harness seems very tight. I know it should be tight enough for the pinch test. We currently have the Cosco Senereca Next. I really dislike the install of the car seat also. It seems very hard to get the latch strap tight enough.

featherhead

Hmm, that's strange. Can you take a picture? Are the straps in the correct slot for her size?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lgenne

Also make sure you don't have the harness in the newborn routing. It is designed to use up excess harness when the harness would otherwise be too long.

We might be able to help with the install, too. Which direction are you pulling to get the LATCH strap tight? I've found the Scenera NEXT incredibly easy to install in multiple vehicles and seating positions.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC