High Back Booster

blackberry

I am trying to pick a booster seat for my 43" 48LB 7 year old. Deciding between the Diono Monterey, Britax Parkway, Peg-Pergo Viaggio, and the Recaro Performance Booster

ADS

featherhead

I've used a Monterey and Parkway for my kids, and preferred the Parkway. The Recaro was not available when I was buying boosters, otherwise I would have definitely taken a closer look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The Peg booster is relatively short and requires a head restraint behind it. I don't know off hand if the CR-V head restraints tend to get in the way of boosters or not.

The Recaro booster, while latchable, keeps the connectors loose -- i.e. you don't tighten them to snug the booster up to the car. So it's preventing the booster from becoming a projectile, but doesn't stop it from sliding around the seat. It is internally quite wide and also tall, but I only have very briefly test fit my kid in it and haven't used it. It does not become a backless booster if that matters.

Monterey is my personal favourite for both of my kids but it also requires a head restraint behind it. I use it in my 2012 Odyssey and 2012 Civic and it fits well but it won't work well if the CR-V head restraints lean forward significantly.

I've never used a Parkway but make sure you get the SGL and not the SG if you're after the latching feature. It's tall, does not require a head rest, but does have the SG clip piece for the lap belt if that's appealing to you.

bubbaray

The Parkway is my favourite because it is relatively high and can be used without a vehicle head rest if necessary. I've also owned a Monterey and while my kids loved it, I wouldn't buy it again because it requires a vehicle head rest

blackberry

The head restraints don't lean forward a whole lot so either should work. I have a frontier there now and it's fine.
Latch is a bonus for sure but not a deal breaker. I am planning on getting a Harmony Big Boost Deluxe when she's ready for a backless, unless something new comes out that catches me eye.

I will get the parkway as a second seat for relatives.
Now to choose between the recaro and monterey for my car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC