Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Seats with easiest covers to remove

FD almost 6 months has severe reflux. We are constantly having to wash the cover on her keyfit. I would like to move her to a convertible soon but need something that has an extremely easy cover to remove and wash.

From what I remember with DD (who's 7), her MyRide was a simple one piece mostly elastic cover to get off. Is it still the same? Any other seats that have easily removable covers? Price is a factor.

She is 13lbs and 24.5". This will not be her final seat - just looking for something that will get us to at least a year when hopefully her reflux will settle down.
    Jamii ~ CPST ~ Foster Mom
    DS1 / 14 / Seatbelt * DS2 / 11 / Seatblet * DD / 8 / Spectrum and Rodifix * And a RF Headwise for Tiny

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Seats with easiest covers to remove

Scenera NEXT. Also the harness is easily and cheaply replaceable.

CPS Fanatic

Oh, also, a more upright install might actually reduce the amount of the mess you have to clean up.

Chicco has the NextFit Zip.

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobain's Mommy View Post
    Chicco has the NextFit Zip.

The keyfit also has a zip cover version. If you call Chicco, they may be able to sell you a replacement cover for less than the cost of a new seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCO 4/15

We have a Graco size4me convertible with a rapid remove cover. The color is called Finch. It is removable without uninstalling the seat from the car and without undoing the harness. It's got some of the nicer features you might want in a seat but for less cost of the Chicco zip.
    We also have a scenera next in grandma's car. The harness needs to come off to get the cover off but it's a very cute and decent little seat, nice and simple and you could buy two for under $100 to swap them out as they need cleaning! Our toddler likes both seats. (and her radian which I hope she never throws up in!)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Ann, mom to 3 big brothers and a baby girl:
    DS1 - Aug 2006, 80 lb, 56", incognitos
    DS2 - May 2008, 77 lb, 51.5", Vivo or NBB
    DS3 - June 2011, 46 lb, 43", FF in FR85 or booster training
    DD - May 2015, 19 lb, 29", ) Snugride 30

Thanks! Chicco NextFit is out of budget for now. I will look at the SceneraNext and the Graco - didn't realize they made one with a rapid remove cover.
    Jamii ~ CPST ~ Foster Mom
    DS1 / 14 / Seatbelt * DS2 / 11 / Seatblet * DD / 8 / Spectrum and Rodifix * And a RF Headwise for Tiny