Does anyone see a tech course in NM?

ZephyrBlue

I checked the SafeKids site and can't find a course in NM, am I looking in the wrong place??

A couple of years ago, I emailed the director of NM SafeKids and he told me that courses are all restricted to people whose job requires the class- no exceptions for people who just want to take it- and why would I want to take the course anyway, if my job didn't mandate it? :mad:

I emailed again a couple months ago, and it looks like there is a new director. Never got a response to my email, though. If anyone sees where there's a class in NM, could you please LMK? I can't go to TX or AZ because of school commitments here, but I could drive to the state's capitol, where they are usually held.

ADS

ThreeBeans

There is a controlled course offered starting the 28th of this month (you have to select 'show invitation/controlled courses' when you search).

You can register through the site, and then the instructor will email you to let you know if you can join. Right now they have 25 seats open :)

Course Information

Course ID NM20070913876
Course Title
Course Language English
Lead Instructor Mark McCracken
Lead Instructor Phone 800-231-6145
Lead Instructor Email marksmccracken@safernm.org
Max Seats 25
Remaining Seats 25
Wait List No
Additional Local Fee $40.00
NOTE: Any local fees must be paid directly to the local agency. Contact the course lead instructor for information on how to pay local fees. SAFE KIDS does not accept local fees.

Course Description The standardized child passenger safety technician (CPST) certification course is usually 4-5 days long and combines classroom instruction, hands-on work with car seats and vehicles, and a community safety seat checkup. Attendance is required for the entire course.
Location Safer New Mexico Now
Address1 9400 Holly Ave NE
Address2 Suite 201
City Albuquerque
State NM
Zip/Postal Code 87122
Country USA
Course Dates Date Start Time End Time
Wed Nov 28 2007 07:30 am 05:00 pm
Thu Nov 29 2007 07:30 am 05:00 pm
Fri Nov 30 2007 07:30 am 05:00 pm
Sat Dec 01 2007 07:30 am 01:00 pm

Niea

I'd go ahead and sign up for that controlled class.

However, if you want more info you can try calling the new Safer Program Coordinater, Amy Laugelli at (505) 856-6119. Maybe she is more apt to answering the phone than email.

But I sympathize because I've kept an eye on offerings here and there aren't too many at all. Hope you get in!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC