Question Head Falls Forward in Forward Facing Foonf

MomWithKid

I just turned my 28 pound, 41" 4.5 year old to forward facing in his Foonf. We have a mercedes benz ml320. I had to turn him because my two year old is about to outgrow his combi coccoro and one of them needs a new car seat. Still uncertain as to who would get the new car seat, I decided to try the foonf with the four year old forward facing before purchasing a new seat. The four year old is ecstatic to be forward facing but, at least two times a week, our kids fall asleep in the car. The four year olds head is dangling forward and he can't get into a comfortable sleeping position. I installed the foonf with the number one recline setting because in the number two setting, only the top part of the car seat made firm contact with the car, and a little bit of the black and white lines on the rigid latch were showing. Question is, can i use the second recline option even though the first recline option has better seat contact with the car? If it is not wise, then I think it makes most sense to get the four year old a new seat that he can use forward facing and the two year old go into the foonf rear facing. If this is the case, is there a recommended car seat that can forward face, is comfortable for sleeping, and truly can be installed with a real recline? The other thing is that almost always, someone is sitting back there with the kids so the seats need to be narrow.

So can I install the foonf in recline position two, and if not, what new seat for four year old?

And as for the four year old seat, is a dedicated forward facing car seat safer than a convertible that has to pass tests for both rear and forward facing? I do not mind paying for another convertible to only use forward faving if deemed as safe as dedicated forward facing seat.

I just can't think of the best option. Another thing that has been nice about using the combi coccoro, is that when a passenger is in the back with them and the kids are not going to sleep, i can easily move the combi to the center position. But if one of them needs to sleep, I need to move the combi back to the side so that the little one doesn't poke the big one. So a seat with an easier install could be kind of nice for this case. In the center seat I do not have latch so it would have to be an easy seat belt install.

I kind of have my eyes on the rava to use forward facing but am not sure how it would puzzle next to a foonf and am a little turned off abot reviews that say possibly not enough hip support for the legs. I think my four year old would really love leg support.

Thank you very much for your considerations. This forum has been extremely helpful to our family.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC