Affix vs Parkway

carseatmama007

I've been agonizing about a booster for DD for over a year now, and I'm finally going through with a purchase for her 8th birthday (she's around 50 lbs and 4ft tall). She's really excited! I'm in between two boosters:

Graco Affix w/ Surround Sound (or whatever they're calling it depending on the retailer) for $60

Or

Britax Parkway for $110

My requirements were it couldn't require a headrest and had LATCH so I don't have to buckle it in. That's it reallly. She's fairly petite so I don't need anything super tall.

With her birthday so close to Christmas, funds are short so the Graco has shot to the top spot. I'm just wondering if the Britax is worth double the price. Are there some features I'll desperately need/miss?

ADS

Dillipop

We have an affix and I really like it. It fits our 6 year old, who is probably about 45 lbs, 45-46 inches, really well. Our average sized 10 year old boy can no longer use it with the back but is still quite comfortable in it backless. I sometimes like it better than our more expensive seats...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flutie128

I've been happy with my regular affix booster. I like my parkway for my DS when he has using a booster as well.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

carseatmama007

Well, now I've also added the Chicco booster into the mix :p Am I correct in reading that it does NOT require headrest support from the vehicle? From the manual: "If the vehicle head restraint pushes the Booster Headrest forward, raise or remove the vehicle head restraint, if
possible"

cmm7

Correct, it does not need support. We have the KidFit and love it. If only the darn shoulder belt would retract outboard in my car it would be perfect.

flutie128

I really like the KidFit. It is the car seat my DD is using and she is 8.5, 51.5 inches tall and about 50 pounds.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

kookaburra

We've had both the KidFit and now the Tubobooster XL (what the Affix has become). In our previous car, the KidFit was a better fit with the way the shoulder belt worked in that car. When I had to replace it, I tried the Turbobooster, and DD says she likes it better than the KidFit.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

carseatmama007

I ended up going with a Graco Affix with SS! I found a great deal on it on Albee ($47) - I guess because they're phasing it out to the Turbobooster LX. Super happy with the deal, just hoping it'll last DD through the booster years with its shorter height. She's average height and carries most of that in her legs, so we should be OK! I'm just stoked I got a LATCHable booster with extra SIP for under fifty bucks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC