Question car seat group

U

Unregistered

I have a car seat which is in group 0+ (0-13kg). Which group do you suggest me to choose for next step? i prefer something that could last long time. Can i buy group 2+3 (15-36 kg).

thank you for help.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
How old is your child? If under two, ideally a 0+ seat would work well, allowing you to rear face to two years old.

Also, how tall and heavy is your child?

I've moved this to the international section for you, since the group is mainly North American. In which country are you?

Wendy

_juune

Group 2-3 [15-36kg] seats are booster seats intended for children who are able to sit still the whole ride, because the adult seatbelt is used to restrain the child. The child using such seat should therefore be at last 4 years old, preferably older.
A group 0+ seat is outgrown when either the child reaches 13kg of weight, or the top of her head is in line with the top of the shell of the seat, whichever comes first. After that another larger seat with an integrated harness is needed; a group 1 [9-18kg] or group 1-2 [9-25kg] rear facing seat would be preferable because rear facing is safer.

It would be groupe 1 the next seat when the kid weight 9 kg (20 pounds) but what you can do is to purchase a convertible seat who made the groupe 1 to 3 for a long time and what is your car if you have the isofix (latch) you can inclued isofix seat

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC