Graco 4ever and glider plane

Hi everyone
I want to know if the graco 4ever would fit perfectly in a glider plane? I want to pass my licence soon as possible and I see that this seat is faa certified and I want to see it on picture if someone have some picture I ask that because some off my cousin have children and it would be possible that I will take them for a short flight

ADS
Hi everyone I send yesterday an e-mail to foca or federal office of civil aviation (the swiss faa) for more information about us car seat and if it's allow to fly with car seat who is faa certified

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It is FAA certified but whether it will fit or whether a car seat can be used in a small plane depends on the aircraft. Without knowing more about the aircraft I'm unsure what would fit. I can say that the 4Ever would likely be too wide for many small aircraft seats.

In addition you need a 2 or 3 point belt to install a car seat on a plane. Without knowing what belt system the plane has we can't say if it is suitable.

Do you have more info?

thanks for answering me
I was this summer on the local aerodrom and the seat belt is a harness type belt and I guess (but not sure) it would be ok to install it but I'm not sure about the size I'll buy the graco 4ever and I ask if I could try to install this seat in a plane like this to be sure when I'm flying with underage kids and before I forgotte the foca (the swiss faa) and they answer me that it's ok and the kids should be in a child restraint Under the age of 24 months old and I'm gonna to try to install it rf I'll see this springs and send some pics off this installation

bristolvacpst

CPS Technician
You are in Switzerland, so why would you be buying a US car seat when you should be buying a seat that is legal in your country. Just because it is rated by the FAA for air travel does not make it legal in your country. I would advise you to look for a car seat that is FOCA certified, not FAA certified. Also generally when being certified by FAA, the seat is being certified for use on commercial airliner, not a private plane or glider. When using in a private plane, it is more it your discretion.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You are in Switzerland, so why would you be buying a US car seat when you should be buying a seat that is legal in your country. Just because it is rated by the FAA for air travel does not make it legal in your country. I would advise you to look for a car seat that is FOCA certified, not FAA certified. Also generally when being certified by FAA, the seat is being certified for use on commercial airliner, not a private plane or glider. When using in a private plane, it is more it your discretion.

There are no standards for small plane car seat use, as far as I'm aware. I have no problem with European customers using FAA certified seats in commercial planes there as long as the commercial airlines allow it (which they do) and it is not illegal for them to do so- only to use in cars there.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
thanks for answering me
I was this summer on the local aerodrom and the seat belt is a harness type belt and I guess (but not sure) it would be ok to install it but I'm not sure about the size I'll buy the graco 4ever and I ask if I could try to install this seat in a plane like this to be sure when I'm flying with underage kids and before I forgotte the foca (the swiss faa) and they answer me that it's ok and the kids should be in a child restraint Under the age of 24 months old and I'm gonna to try to install it rf I'll see this springs and send some pics off this installation

There is no way to safely install a car seat with a harness type restraint, unfortunately. You must have a standard 2 or 3 point belt to use a car seat on a plane. So in this case, it is not safe for a child to ride in the plane until they meet the minimum set by the company who made the harness and fit it properly. Sorry!

@ Bristolvapstl it recommended to use an ece 44/04 certified car seat but it's not forbidden to an us car seat and the traffic rules says that your kids should in a car seat until they reach 12 years old or 1 m 50 tall but they don't talk about the certification and I ask to the police if it would be ok to use an us car seat and they say it's ok and the the foca say that the us car seat should have the faa certification

and the faco tell me in their rules that the us car seat with the label with this restraint is certified for use in motor vehicle and aircraft is allowed and when I have buy the graco 4ever I'll try in a glider if it would fit in (in rear facing position)

I think it would be better to purchase an european seat because I call the swiss road departement and they answering that the insurance doesn't pay when the seat doesn't have the ece 44/04 or r 129 sticker and I think to take an another infant who would fit better in a small aircraft who are allowed (by tüv) for aircraft use. I never thought that it would be so difficult to have a good product like the graco 4ever

I was looking about an European infant carrier but I found only two seat who are approved for aircraft use but the problem is That this seat would be ok for the plane but for the car well one off this seat is too large and when you install it and you have not enough and you have no choice to left it in the car and the second one have the problem is when you have a large baby or a baby who grew up fast you have no choice to purchase an another seat and maybe I want to buy the graco 4ever because for me it's look the better choice to fly a glider plane with small kids and I can use it only in a plane or for a short trip with my car (the nearest aerodrome is five minutes away from where I live )

bristolvacpst

CPS Technician
You seem to know that it is not legal to use a Grace 4 ever in a vehicle in Swizterland, yet you still insist on purchasing it. We have said it is fine to use in an air craft with a lap belt, not one with a five point harness. Some of us have told you to use a seat that is rated for your country. You have even stated that it has to be ece 44/05 or r 129. The Gracp 4 ever will not

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC