RAVA - what makes it so great?

cookie123

I'm seeing on FB the Rava being recommended a bunch. Wondering what makes it so great? And in what circumstances would you recommend it?

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
50 lb rear-facing weight limit

Extended leg room

Clicktight-esque belt-tensioning system

Luxurious fabrics and style

Basically, it seems like it is a luxury seat that installs like a Clicktight, but has the legroom and weight capacity of an E2F.

I wouldn't be one to recommend it on facebook because I don't know anyone with that kind of money to burn on a car seat. There are less expensive seats I would turn to if I needed a 50 lb RF weight limit or an easy install. But if money were no issue, I would definitely check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
http://carseatblog.com/39563/nuna-rava-review-the-fine-italian-suit-of-the-car-seat-world/

No, no height advantage. Other less expensive seats are usable for much longer height wise. (Though it's not outgrown particularly early either!)

I just got to play with this at a tech update a few weeks ago. I'm not often 'wow'ed. I have never purchased a Britax or any high end seat for my own child, but this one really did blow me away. It's as if Nuna was listening in on tech/parent conversations over the past few years and took the most important things and rolled them all into one seat. That said, I'd never spend $500 on a seat, it's just not in me!!! And all these bells and whistles aren't necessary for safety.

That said, if you're still a tech, or anyone reading is a tech, and interested in purchasing this seat, please see my post in the Tech forum re: the Rava.

cookie123

I missed the review. Thanks. $500 is a lot for no ARB or load leg in my opinion. I'll look at the review. There must be some technology in it to reduce crash forces.

Yeah I expired. I wish dearly I hadn't just for the discount on the Pipa and Rava. I will be buying a Pipa for sure. I just don't enjoy installing car seats for other people! I've had neck pain for a year and it was just getting to be too much.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
When I saw the prototype, among my first comments were to turn the leg extension into an ARB feature, and to incorporate a lockoff to the true tension system. I hope they do!

It's a great product, but I agree, for the money, you sort of want everything:) Even so, I know our reviewers both love it.

It's also rarely going to be discounted since Nuna doesn't sell in big box stores. Anyone interested can still get free ship and returns through Nordstrom, though: http://fave.co/2f3HWFC

Kel

I'm definitely getting a new seat by February, but it a must for taller top slots! I was disappointed. Looks great otherwise.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC