Car seat for plane and road trip

mrosehughes

In December we'll be flying back east to visit family. We're flying to Pittsburgh and then driving to many locations in the state (probably at least 20 hours in the car). We're renting a minivan from Hertz -- it said Nissan Quest or similar. My son is 7 and will be in a NBB (that's what he uses at home) -- he's 55" and 65 lbs so should fit fine in the plane with nothing. My daughter will be 7 months. We bought her a seat on the plane and will bring a car seat for her, the question is which one. She has a chicco keyfit, Diono rainier, and evenflo Sureride. We also need one more convertible for when she outgrows the keyfit (she is regularly in 3 cars at home), so I am open to buying a new seat. I want her rear facing on the plane. I am thinking the keyfit is the easiest because it has to be rear facing (so the flight attendants can't argue with me), but I've never installed it without a base, -- also should I then bring the base in a checked bag? We are flying united. I've also heard good things about flying with a coccoro so could get one of those -- she is tiny (~10th percentile) so if we got her that could she rearface to 3?

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC