Look at how far I have come in car seat Education!

mykidsmylife

I found some pictures of ds1 (5) as a baby. I wanted to share the pics of how far I have come since having ds2! It is amazing!

Here is ds1 coming home from the hospital. 9/22/02
johnathonasnb.jpg

And here he is at 6m old.
img005.jpg

Here he is again rf in his overhead sheild at around 6m

img004.jpg

Wow! That is all I can say!

Here is ds2 at 9 weeks:
seth094.jpg

and he is 13m in my signature... I try to be more understanding when I see people make mistakes b/c I wasnt educated at one point. But it is so hard.

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
You've come a long way :thumbsup:

What seat is ds2 in? What pattern is that?

ThreeBeans

Those are so cute :D

I think that picture is an excellent photo example of why people should never use an OHS for a baby or small toddler.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oooh, Noah's Ark Century SmartFit! You did really well on the harness and chest clip, though, handle's down in the car... could be worse. (My friend's baby had that one in 1997, was yours handed down?).

That's a Central Park Snugride...that was a nice soft cover :D

And, the ONLY reason I didn't buy a shield seat was because the Consumer Reports book on baby gear I bought showed one dramatically failing in a crash... the info just isn't easy to find, and those are sitting on the shelf looking all safe...how IS a parent to know?

:)

MorgieBear'sMama

Not too bad. I did worse, I brought my baby home in 2004 in a 3 pt evenflo discovery w/ aftermarket head support. Then at 10 months moved her to a FF comfortsport OHS (my mil told me it would be alright)!

keri1292

Oooh, Noah's Ark Century SmartFit! You did really well on the harness and chest clip, though, handle's down in the car... could be worse. (My friend's baby had that one in 1997, was yours handed down?).

I LOVE that snugride pattern! :love: So pretty!

My best friend had that Noah's Ark seat. It was sold as a travel system and she purchased it in October 2000. So, I guess that pattern was around for quite awhile.

mykidsmylife

It was, at the time, 5 yrs old. I had a car seat tech install the seat in 2002. I had no clue. And the OHS was a baby shower gift. I ended up passing it on to a 2 yr old.

Boy oh boy...

That is the Central Park Snugride. I LOVE it. I will either be using it with the next baby or be buying a safe seat. I havent decided yet.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
yes. I would... why (just out of curiosity)?

Oh, because I will be getting a new infant seat for this baby. I was looking at the Central Park but wasn't sure if it was too girly. I briefly saw it IRL but didn't think til I got home that I should have really looked at it and the insert (it was a SS1).

mykidsmylife

I think it is totally okay for both. I was looking into the same one for the next baby if I dont keep this one. This one only goes to 20lbs and 26" so I want a higher weight one.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I think it is totally okay for both. I was looking into the same one for the next baby if I dont keep this one. This one only goes to 20lbs and 26" so I want a higher weight one.

I am thinking about the SS1 in that pattern. I won't be buying until spring so i'll see what they come out with between now and then.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC