Iso suv with 8 or 9 seats

mamah

Anyone have one? We have a suburban with seven seats, but it's on its last leg. I'm looking at a newer suburban, with 8 or 9 seats. Does anyone know how many head rests it would have? Another reason we want to upgrade is our current 2005 suburban has no headrest and only a Lap belt in the third row center seat. It's ok with a car seat there, but I expect we will have this newer car longer then car seats, so want as many head rests as possible. Any other SUVs I should consider? Would prefer to avoid a van, as dh needs to be able to pull a trailer.

ADS

Dillipop

The Honda Pilot seat 8 comfortably and should have shoulder belts and head restraints in all positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aporthole

Even brand new Suburbans still lack a center head restraint for all rows. 2015 and newer ones at least have tether anchors for all 2nd and 3rd row seating positions and lap-shoulder belts in the 2nd and 3rd rows but I believe the front center seat still has a lap-only belt.

If you want something with 8 head restraints, you'll want to look at something like the Toyota Sequoia or possibly even a Mercedes Benz Sprinter which is a van but has an all wheel drive option.

mamah

Hmm... That's a bummer. So the eight seat suburban has 7 head rests, or only 6?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC