Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Iso suv with 8 or 9 seats

Anyone have one? We have a suburban with seven seats, but it's on its last leg. I'm looking at a newer suburban, with 8 or 9 seats. Does anyone know how many head rests it would have? Another reason we want to upgrade is our current 2005 suburban has no headrest and only a Lap belt in the third row center seat. It's ok with a car seat there, but I expect we will have this newer car longer then car seats, so want as many head rests as possible. Any other SUVs I should consider? Would prefer to avoid a van, as dh needs to be able to pull a trailer.

2. Thank You from:

Ali

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Re: Iso suv with 8 or 9 seats

The Honda Pilot seat 8 comfortably and should have shoulder belts and head restraints in all positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCO 4/15

Thanks! I'll have dh look at it.

CPS Technician

Even brand new Suburbans still lack a center head restraint for all rows. 2015 and newer ones at least have tether anchors for all 2nd and 3rd row seating positions and lap-shoulder belts in the 2nd and 3rd rows but I believe the front center seat still has a lap-only belt.

If you want something with 8 head restraints, you'll want to look at something like the Toyota Sequoia or possibly even a Mercedes Benz Sprinter which is a van but has an all wheel drive option.
    DS1 (April '09) Britax Parkway SGL & Clek Olli, DD (March '12) Britax Frontier 90 & Evenflo Maestro, DS2 (April '15) RF Nuna Rava & RF Clek Foonf
    2011 Honda Pilot
    2009 Honda Ridgeline

Hmm... That's a bummer. So the eight seat suburban has 7 head rests, or only 6?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

CPS Technician

6 head restraints. None of the center seats have head restraints.