Sienna 2012- 8 passenger

sunflower

The first 8 passenger that is somewhat affordable for us. Sienna 2012, with 80k KM (50k miles). This is a co-worker who constantly upgrades his cars, and takes excellent care of all his possessions.

We kept looking for generation 2 Sienna, but nothing decently priced.

3 in backless; the oldest two might fit with no booster. We'll need to try. In small cars they 5 stepped for a year already.

1 FF, and 2 RF

Should we buy it?

Thanks so much!

(I see my signature doesn't show up due to it being mobile. Oldest 2 are 10-11, next is 8, then 6,3,1)
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

katymyers

I would, absolutely. A 2011+ Sienna is what I'm personally leaning toward as my next vehicle as well. I think it would suit your needs nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lgenne

Assuming you're not planning any more, and you plan to ERF the 1 year old, too? Yeah, that should work. You might have to buy some new car seats to make it work, but you'll probably never have more than 2 kids at a time needing tether anchors (and maybe only 1 tops), so the 3 tether anchor limitation should be very manageable.

sunflower

We are planning on more, but I will NOT drive a bigger car, though My DH has no problem with that. This is our last car, I hope.

At this point, I don't think we will have more than 3 harnessed seats at a time, based on my kids ages. (In the past, I had more harnesses seats at once.) I RF till about 5, and FF till 7-8. One of my biggest issues with my Dodge, is the 3 TT. This car, though has the 8th seat, and I am almost sure my 2 older kids will 5 step, based on what I've read here.

The seating arrangement I'm thinking of is Keyfit, older child, RF Roundabout.

Back row: Backless Parkway, FF Foonf, older child- with or without booster - depending on size.

Thanks

lgenne

I'm confused. You have 6 kids, you're planning more, but you hope this will be your last car? Or are some of these kids not yours?

sunflower

I'm confused. You have 6 kids, you're planning more, but you hope this will be your last car? Or are some of these kids not yours?

They're all mine! I can't drive a bigger car- I get lost in it, and it isn't often that we go somewhere all together.

I just drove it, and it's so much smoother than the Dodge GC. What a difference! We'll be getting it later this week.
Posted via Mobile Device

equilibrium

How are things fitting with all the seats and boosters? Can you show us pics? We need to uprade our Dodge CV as well but can't afford brand new.

sunflower

It is a bit of musical chairs, depending on the situation. For a long trip, we had the 3 younger ones in the back, and 1 booster, 2 5 stepping in the middle.

Typical day, Roundabout is in the back, with the Foonf, booster on the other side.

My 6 yr. old wants to sit in the middle now, so I'm going to put him in 1 Captain's chair, and will put the baby in a convertible in one of the other seats in the next few days, so I can update more once it's changed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC