Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Sienna 2012- 8 passenger

The first 8 passenger that is somewhat affordable for us. Sienna 2012, with 80k KM (50k miles). This is a co-worker who constantly upgrades his cars, and takes excellent care of all his possessions.

We kept looking for generation 2 Sienna, but nothing decently priced.

3 in backless; the oldest two might fit with no booster. We'll need to try. In small cars they 5 stepped for a year already.

1 FF, and 2 RF

Should we buy it?

Thanks so much!

(I see my signature doesn't show up due to it being mobile. Oldest 2 are 10-11, next is 8, then 6,3,1)
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Sienna 2012- 8 passenger

I would, absolutely. A 2011+ Sienna is what I'm personally leaning toward as my next vehicle as well. I think it would suit your needs nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPS Fanatic

Assuming you're not planning any more, and you plan to ERF the 1 year old, too? Yeah, that should work. You might have to buy some new car seats to make it work, but you'll probably never have more than 2 kids at a time needing tether anchors (and maybe only 1 tops), so the 3 tether anchor limitation should be very manageable.

We are planning on more, but I will NOT drive a bigger car, though My DH has no problem with that. This is our last car, I hope.

At this point, I don't think we will have more than 3 harnessed seats at a time, based on my kids ages. (In the past, I had more harnesses seats at once.) I RF till about 5, and FF till 7-8. One of my biggest issues with my Dodge, is the 3 TT. This car, though has the 8th seat, and I am almost sure my 2 older kids will 5 step, based on what I've read here.

The seating arrangement I'm thinking of is Keyfit, older child, RF Roundabout.

Back row: Backless Parkway, FF Foonf, older child- with or without booster - depending on size.

Thanks
    13 and 12 - 5 Stepping;
    10 and 8 - Booster; 5 - FF Foonf;
    3 - RF Roundabout; 5/18 - KF

CPS Fanatic

I'm confused. You have 6 kids, you're planning more, but you hope this will be your last car? Or are some of these kids not yours?

Quote Originally Posted by lgenne View Post
    I'm confused. You have 6 kids, you're planning more, but you hope this will be your last car? Or are some of these kids not yours?
    They're all mine! I can't drive a bigger car- I get lost in it, and it isn't often that we go somewhere all together.

I just drove it, and it's so much smoother than the Dodge GC. What a difference! We'll be getting it later this week.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Thank You from:

We got our car! Finally got rid of the Dodge.
    Posted via Mobile Device

CPS Fanatic

Congrats!

11. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

How are things fitting with all the seats and boosters? Can you show us pics? We need to uprade our Dodge CV as well but can't afford brand new.

It is a bit of musical chairs, depending on the situation. For a long trip, we had the 3 younger ones in the back, and 1 booster, 2 5 stepping in the middle.

Typical day, Roundabout is in the back, with the Foonf, booster on the other side.

My 6 yr. old wants to sit in the middle now, so I'm going to put him in 1 Captain's chair, and will put the baby in a convertible in one of the other seats in the next few days, so I can update more once it's changed.
    13 and 12 - 5 Stepping;
    10 and 8 - Booster; 5 - FF Foonf;
    3 - RF Roundabout; 5/18 - KF