Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

"Coolest" Breathable convertible car seat?

I'm desperately looking for recommendations for car seats that have vents or breathable fabric. My son is 16 months. I don't have his stats, but he is ~ 100% head, maybe 80% weight and 40% height. He is currently RF in a Chicco Nextfit and he gets VERY sweaty in it, drenched if it's a long trip. We live 20 minutes out of town so we spend a lot of time in the vehicle. This of course makes him uncomfortable and he screams all the time in the vehicle. So I'm on a desperate hunt to find a car seat that will keep him cooler. No budget. I drive a 2014 Dodge Durango.

Any recommendations? A few I have considered:

Diono Rainier - due to very low sides - more air flow?
    Evenflo Symphony DLX - temp regulating fabric
    Recaro Performance Rally - vents on seat to keep cool

I have tried a noggle before, with my daughter, and ended up selling it. Wasn't a fan of the thing going from the front vent to the back. Plus it broke my vent. So the noggle is not an option THANK YOU!

DD (11 mo.) Chicco Nextfit

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: "Coolest" Breathable convertible car seat?

Peg Perego makes a Clima cover for their convertible that is supposed to keep the child warm in winter and cooler in summer.
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

There's the Chicco Nextfit Zip Air, I've heard very good things about it being less sweaty than the regular Nextfit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katymyers View Post
    There's the Chicco Nextfit Zip Air, I've heard very good things about it being less sweaty than the regular Nextfit.

And you may be able to contact Chicco and just get the air replacement cover.

CCO 4/15

[QUOTE=Dillipop;2941939]And you may be able to contact Chicco and just get the air replacement cover.

I didn't know there was a Chicco Nextfit Air....I'm off to look it up. Thanks!

DD (11 mo.) Chicco Nextfit