Carpooling Seat

brooksfamily

I'm looking for an extra seat to keep in my car for when I need to drive friends kids. My daughter will be 4 in January and I find myself more and more often transporting her friends. We have and extra convertible seat in her closet, but I'd like something to keep in the car. I'm thinking Graco Tranzitions/Wayz. Most of her friends range between 2.5 - 5. None are rearfacing anymore with the exception of her. All are still harnessed. I know the Tranzitions installs well in my car because we've used one before. I like that it's narrow, works in 3 across as long as I have her Diono is in the middle, and I can use in nbb mode for my petite neice, although I'm still thinking it would be better to buy a cheap nbb and keep it in the car, rather than disassembling the Tranzitions. But in general it seems like it would be a good extra seat to have until it expires.

Other seats to consider?

I'm looking for fairly easy to install, light, and fits in my trunk (Subaru Outback) and at least 2 modes (harness and highback booster). Narrow is a plus but not a must.

ADS

jwilliams

I opened this up to recommend the Tranzitions [emoji38]. You could pick up a Harmony Youth or Bubble Bum for the petite niece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'd definitely get a separate booster.

If you want inexpensive the ones you've already listed are the best bet. If you care more about trunk space there's the IMMI Go as well... But $$$

brooksfamily

Thanks ladies. I know the Tranzitions fits in my trunk lengthwise and also fits well under the cargo net in my trunk. I think that's what I will go with.

I've looked at the Immi-go time and time again. I love how compact it is, and now that DD is older if we flew we can take it with us on the plane and store it in the overhead and she can use the Cares Harness we have. But the only place we ever fly is to my parents house and they have a car seat for her to use. I'm just not sure I can justify the cost for the amount of use, when the Tranzitions is half the price. Also, superficially I hate the color of the Immi-go. I wish they still had the colors like when it was made by safety first.

And of course I was reading the reviews on the Immi-go and its super tempting. Especially, because the Immi, may be a better seat to send with her if she has to ride with a friend. I think it would be easier to install than the Tranzitions. Originally I was only thinking about other kids in our car.

Decisions, Decisions...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC