Narrow, tall, 5 pt harness seat

Chris

Is there anything close to the strap height of a frontier that is narrower? My 6 yr old is getting too big for the radian, but I will eventually need him in a three across and our frontier is too big for that. I would prefer to keep him harnessed as long as possible but recognize that I might need to shop for a narrow booster. :/

Last edited:
ADS

lgenne

The Graco Tranzitions/Wayz and Harmony Defender are both narrow and have a taller harness than the Radian, but significantly shorter than the Frontier.

The Evenflo Sureride is narrower than a Frontier, but not narrow, but is pretty good for puzzling with other seats, because it sits up on a narrow base. It's harness height rivals the Frontier.

Note that I'm assuming you're comparing these to a Frontier with a 90 pound weight limit. If it has an 85 pound limit, I know the harness height is lower on those than the 90 pound ones, but I'm not sure how much lower.

Chris

The Frontier we currently have is an 85, so a 19.5" harness height. I will look into those seats and see what I can get my hands on to try out in my car. My guy would be over the moon to have one of the characters Harmony Defenders.

lgenne

A Sureride might actually harness him longer than your Frontier, then. It measures 19", but there's something about the shape that makes it last longer than the number on the tape measure indicates.

mom of six

My guy would be over the moon to have one of the characters Harmony Defenders.

You are thinking of the Kids Embrace car seats. The Defender comes in black and gray, gray and yellow or gray and pink. While the colors are boring it is a really nice seat. I have used one as a primary seat for my son for the last 3 years. He is now using it in booster mode.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC