Question Combination Seat to fit in 3rd row 2010 DGC

mamabee

Hi!

When I last posted here I was looking for help with fitting two convertible seats side by side in the 2nd row (bench) of my 2010 DGC... I thought that was hard on the head until we found out this week that we're expecting (again!) Sigh.

Our current set up is as follows:
2nd row bench: 3y/o FF in Britax Advocate CT outboard (seatbelt install, tethered), and 1y/o RF in Graco Contender (LATCH install).
3rd row: 14y/o regular seat, 10 y/o backless booster, outboard driver.

When baby arrives next spring, I would like to keep our 1y/o RF in the 2nd row and put baby in the 2nd row as well... moving our 3y/o to the 3rd row with her brothers. That being said, it looks like installing a FF seat back there is ridiculously difficult due to the slope, there only being 1 tether anchor in the centre & seat belt placement. I have a feeling fitting my 14 y/o, 10 y/o boostered & 3y/o in a combination seat will be a nightmare, if they'll all fit at all.

So, I guess I'm looking for seat suggestions, configurations & help!

I was considering a Britax Frontier CT or Harmony Defender (3y/o) center 3rd row seatbelt install (due to the off-set UAS taking up two seating positions!) and booster driver outboard (10 y/o), but I'm thinking that will leave very little room for my 14y/o to squeeze in back there. Figured handing down the Advocate or Contender to the new baby & getting my 3y/o a combination seat would be the best idea money wise since I won't have to buy her a booster down the road.

Sorry that was so longwinded. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
When your 14yo and 10yo sit in the 3rd row in the belt - does the shoulder belt contact their chest and/or shoulder? The belt there is set quite far forward and doesn't make for a good fit on some adults. Let's address that first and based on that answer see what your options are going forward.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC