Travel seat

Barbara

Hi, I'm looking for a new seat for a 4 y.o., it would be the main seat used in my car but I want one that I can also travel with, and that has high harness, I'm considering the SureRide, Maestro and Graco Tranzitions. Which would be the best out of the 3? Pros and cons?
Thank you

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Without knowing your child's height and weight, it's hard to give a recommendation between the three. All three are often recommended for travel seats. It may come down to which you prefer installing and moving about.

Wendy

Barbara

Without knowing your child's height and weight, it's hard to give a recommendation between the three. All three are often recommended for travel seats. It may come down to which you prefer installing and moving about.

Wendy

I don't have his exact numbers but he's pretty small, short and skinny... he has a little sister which is average in weight and height (maybe the seat would be passed down to her in the future)
Posted via Mobile Device

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I believe of those three, the highest harness goes to the Sureride. However, if you fly frequently you might get annoyed with the SureRide's high sides and want something lower-profile like one of the other two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brooksfamily

I have a 3.9 year old and we have a tranzitions. It is our travel seat and the babysitter uses it in her car. I really like it. I have no issues installing it. It's light and narrow and my daughter was able to put the tray table down on the plane.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
One advantage to the Maestro over Tranzitions is that it's one piece so can't fall apart as some complain of with the Tranzitions.

Both are good choices though.

Barbara

One advantage to the Maestro over Tranzitions is that it's one piece so can't fall apart as some complain of with the Tranzitions.

Both are good choices though.

Ok. I'm not sure I like the Maestro as a seat for my car so it's more between the Tranz (actually for travelling I like the taking apart aspect) and SureRide...
Posted via Mobile Device

U

Unregistered

I believe of those three, the highest harness goes to the Sureride. However, if you fly frequently you might get annoyed with the SureRide's high sides and want something lower-profile like one of the other two.

Ok... and why are the high sides annoying?

Posted via Mobile Device

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
To answer your question about the high sides, it probably is a matter of personal preference, but in the tight quarters of a plane, I would want the lowest sides possible. Not only does it give you better access to the child, but it also increases the likelihood that they might be able to use the tray table to rest a book or drawing materials (even if they can't get it fully flat for eating)

Barbara

I just saw that the air plane I'm taking has 17 inches seats so I guess I should go for the narrowest of the 3 anyways: The Tranzitions (18 inches). The Sureride 19 and Maestro 18,5 might not even fit or it's just that I wouldnt be able to put the arm rests down?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I just saw that the air plane I'm taking has 17 inches seats so I guess I should go for the narrowest of the 3 anyways: The Tranzitions (18 inches). The Sureride 19 and Maestro 18,5 might not even fit or it's just that I wouldnt be able to put the arm rests down?

You'll just keep the armrest up. They'll all fit.

Wendy
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC