Need help deciding on a convertible for 3 across

lahuffman

I have a 2015 Subaru Forester. I had posted previously about latchable nbb's but my daughter fell in love with the $13 harmony from Walmart so I just got two of those. My 4 year old has been in a Britax Pioneer that we both love but it's too tight to buckle the nbb's when I need to have the extra nbb in the car. I got her a Graco contender as her new spare and because it sits up higher on a skinny base it puzzles with the armrests of the harmony and everyone fits. The problem is she hates how hard it is, any chance I could go against the rules and use the extra pad ff? ;) She doesn't want to rf but I do switch her between the two still. So I'm considering getting another convertible that will fit my puzzle but is padded like a Britax. Any info on the maxi cosi vello or Recaro proride? I found both on sale for what I'd be willing to spend and they sit up on a base. Whatever I get needs to last atleast the next two years til we turn in the leased Subaru for a 3 row SUV but plan to use til she hits 40 pounds (growth charts have that happening when she's around 7, so 3 more years). I will get her a dedicated booster at that point. I'd trust her in a booster now but I'm not comfortable boostering at this age or weight. She is currently 4, 30 pounds and 38" and can wear a 2t shirt still. I'd also take ideas on using her Pioneer too, she's sad about not having it. I can not get a correct install in the center, she uses it behind the driver seat and is light enough for latch there but it's seatbelt only for the center. Help please!
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

brooksfamily

What about a Graco Tranzitions? It doesn't sit up high, but may be narrow enough and shaped right to allow for easy booster buckling.

Otherwise maybe a Diono. We have an Olympia and a 2012 Subaru Outback and it's foot print is literally as wide as the middle seat. It doesn't interfere with the outboard seat belts at all.

lahuffman

What about a Graco Tranzitions? It doesn't sit up high, but may be narrow enough and shaped right to allow for easy booster buckling.

Otherwise maybe a Diono. We have an Olympia and a 2012 Subaru Outback and it's foot print is literally as wide as the middle seat. It doesn't interfere with the outboard seat belts at all.

I was worried that she would complain about the lack of padding with the tranzitions also. I ordered her a Olympia this morning, I plan to use outboard. Her contender is a absolute perfect fit in the center for two boosters outboard but it's hard to get around the armrests to the very short buckle stalk. I was looking at maybe adding a mi-fold to the mix since it doesn't have armrests? The kids that use the boosters don't weigh enough for the incognito. I really need my two outboard or we have "issues". Any experience with the boosters next to the Olympia?
Posted via Mobile Device

lahuffman

Need more help please! It's an Rainier not an Olympia. It's installed and while it's easier to reach the buckle stalk the two harmony youth boosters no longer fit, "armrest" things make the seat too wide. If I keep one harmony in the mix would a mi-fold if I can find one work or a bubblebum? An incognito would be great if I could use it under the weight limit with my 8 year old :/
Posted via Mobile Device

jwilliams

What are the sizes of the other two kids? Have you considered the Bubble Bum? It made my three across so much better, and my 7yo loves it.. more than the lovely, plush Recaro high back she uses in the other car. I think it's a little less fiddly than a Mi-fold, and the new belt guides are super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mary_Ann

What are the sizes of the other two kids? Have you considered the Bubble Bum? It made my three across so much better, and my 7yo loves it.. more than the lovely, plush Recaro high back she uses in the other car. I think it's a little less fiddly than a Mi-fold, and the new belt guides are super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This! My almost 8yo loves her Bubblebum and it's really easy to buckle for her. It's in the middle of a 2009 Toyota Matrix, next to a RF Radian with AA and a FF Radian. It's the only thing that fits in this narrow middle spot.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC