Clicktight issues!

laudymama

Am I the only one who thinks the clicktight seats are more difficult to install?? I now have 2 of them and I found them to be so incredibly hard to actually CLICKTIGHT. Am I making it more difficult on myself somehow? It gets tricky for me once I try to get the slack out of the shoulder part to the point where I am practically jumping into the seat to get the clicktight section to close! Any tips?

ADS

Dillipop

I would guess you are likely pulling too much slack out of the seatbelt. You just need to make sure the belt lays in a flat line. Not too tight. If it's too tight, the clicktight will be hard to close or not close at all and you can stretch the seatbelt.

MUTigers

I would guess you are likely pulling too much slack out of the seatbelt. You just need to make sure the belt lays in a flat line. Not too tight. If it's too tight, the clicktight will be hard to close or not close at all and you can stretch the seatbelt.

I agree. I've pulled too much slack out of the belt before and it was really hard to close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suzibeck

The first click tight I installed was easy peasy. The next time I saw one at a check it was really difficult. At first, we had way more than 1" movement and to get it so there was less than 1" it was very hard to close. I can't remember what vehicle that was. I'm guessing it is pretty vehicle dependent.

laudymama

I must be pulling too much slack out. By the time I get it shut I am more concerned that it is somehow too tight and just not right. With dd2 seat I had the same issues Suzibeck mentioned. DS seat had no movement issue but was still near impossible to shut. I am installing in an '08 Sienna 7 passenger. Now I am worried I have stretched the seatbelt on dd2 seat because I installed it and meant to try it again later that week and just never did since it was such a bear to install in the first place.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I agree, the 'trick' is to just remove slack, then close. Making it tight before closing the panel makes it really difficult.

The other 'trick' I always remind parents is to unbuckle the seatbelt before attempting to OPEN the panel.

I was working with a client on Saturday who had both a new Frontier CT and a new Radian. Her mouth dropped open when she saw the difference in installs. She's a CT convert now! LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC