Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: 8 passenger car

Carseat Crazy

8 passenger car

Our car was totaled so we have to find something new ASAP. Price range is 10K or less (could stretch to $12 if absolutely necessary). We have been looking at 06-11 8 passenger sienna's but haven't found anything acceptable. We are running out of time and need to consider other 8+passenger vehicles. What else should we be looking at?

Stats-Family of six+one on the way. 13 yr old-5 stepping but long legged, 9yr-old, 5 stepping in most cars, 6 yr old-FF in maestro, Radian, or Frontier, 3 yr old-RF in britax BLVD, ready to move up to the Radian soon. Infant will be in a bucket of some sort.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Re: 8 passenger car

Honda Odyssey has an 8 passenger model during the same years you mentioned. Though the 8th seat is really small.

The Honda Pilot is also an 8 seater.

Going way back, I believe an 05 Chevy Astro seats 8.

You may be able to find a 10 passenger older Dodge Sprinter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCO 4/15

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Our car was totaled so we have to find something new ASAP. Price range is 10K or less (could stretch to $12 if absolutely necessary). We have been looking at 06-11 8 passenger sienna's but haven't found anything acceptable. We are running out of time and need to consider other 8+passenger vehicles. What else should we be looking at?

Stats-Family of six+one on the way. 13 yr old-5 stepping but long legged, 9yr-old, 5 stepping in most cars, 6 yr old-FF in maestro, Radian, or Frontier, 3 yr old-RF in britax BLVD, ready to move up to the Radian soon. Infant will be in a bucket of some sort.
    This app will not let me reply without quoting.... What what did you end up getting?
    Blessed Mama to
    DD1 T 29 months RF - Britax Advocate
    DD2 J 6 months RF - Britax B Safe

Carseat Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by seb3244 View Post
    This app will not let me reply without quoting.... What what did you end up getting?
    We ended up bumping our budget up significantly and buying a 2011 Honda Odyssey with the 8th seat. We were in a serious time crunch and had run out of options. We really like it though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

We ended up bumping our budget up significantly and buying a 2011 Honda Odyssey with the 8th seat. We were in a serious time crunch and had run out of options. We really like it though.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    That's so cool you ended up loving it! I really want an odyssey myself
    Blessed Mama to
    DD1 T 29 months RF - Britax Advocate
    DD2 J 6 months RF - Britax B Safe