Urbini questions

Carter's Mommy

Has anyone seen the urbini sonti in person? It appears to be replacing the petal. I'm wondering if the fabric quality is better/worse. Saw some specs on other differences, but never actually had a chance to see either IRL.

Also, any recommendations on an urbini stroller, as I'm looking for the travel system and there are a few to choose from.

I loved the chicco key fit, but this is my last baby (#4) and I don't want to spend extra money on an infant seat, then turn around and spend $60 on car seat adapters to attach it to my city mini stroller. I recently moved to the midwest from CA and am thinking I'll need to keep baby in the seat with the arctic cover over (due in December) while we move from car to indoors and so the quick clip in travel system is appealing but not needed for longevity. I was browsing the various low budget Urbini options...but walmart doesn't carry them in stock for me to look at. I'd love to hear what others have to say about them.

ADS

katymyers

My Walmart has a Sonti that I've played with. I'd say fabric quality is about the same as the Petal, the inserts aren't as nice though. It's an incredible seat for preemies, I can't believe how tiny the harness adjusts. I really wish it had been available when I worked in the NICU because it would have been my first recommendation. The lack of a European belt path stinks, I love that about the Petal but it's not exactly a negative since every other seat in that price range is without one too. I'd say for the price it's about as perfect as a seat can get. The only other thing I might personally consider would be a Scenera Next instead of using an infant seat at all, it's another one I wish had been available when I was still working even with the 5 lbs minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carter's Mommy

I skipped the infant seat w/ #2 and used the combi cco because baby #1 hated being in a car seat and it always stayed in the car. I prefer to wear my babies, but I'm not sure about cold winters. Thinking the bucket will be useful this time, plus baby #3 actually slept in her seat and was happy to sit in it when strolling around the parks, zoo, etc. I think I'm between the Sonti (urbini omni plus) or spending a little more money for the chicco keyfit and figuring out a stroller combo if it's needed. My kids tend to be on the smaller side and I'm having a tough pregnancy, so fearing going early (my first was preemie). Benefits of these two seats for me are that they both work well for small babies and I like that the Sonti is so light if I'm having to carry baby from car to house/store in snow.

Having said all that, any extra thoughts comparing these seats (or others I'm not thinking of). I hate graco so haven't considered them, but maybe they've improved in the past decade.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC