Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Unregistered

3 Across in Honda CRV 2015

Hi,
    I'm hoping I'll get lucky and get some help on possible 3 across install tips in my 2015 Honda CRV. I so appreciate any help!

I need to fit 3 convertibles: 1 FF, 2 RF. I already have a Chicco Nextfit and an Evenflo Sureride. I need to purchase the 3rd.

My daughter currently rides RF in the center in the Nextfit. I have my nephews a few times a week and I have been fitting the Sureride FF and a Chicco Keyfit, but it's time to move baby into a convertible.

I understand the Diono Radian and Cleks might be my best bet for narrowness. But it's a big price tag to pay for a seat that only get used twice a week. If I did a clek, I think it'd install it RF in the center and it'd become my standard seat for my daughter, and then use the other two for nephews. If I do a Radian, I'm thinking I'd use it FF on the side, just because of the front to back space when RF. I plan to uninstall one of the seats on days I don't have my nephews, just to make it easier for me to get my daughter in and out of the center.

Does anyone know if I can fit the Nexfit in the middle with an Evenflo on both sides (one RF, one FF)? Is there another narrow, more cost effective seat I should consider?

Thoughts? Ideas? Thank you so much.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: 3 Across in Honda CRV 2015

Can you test out the SureRide RF next to the NextFit instead of FF? (I don't know the CRV, so that may be a non-starter, but since you already have those seats that's what I would try first.) If that fits, I'd put the baby in that and get a combination seat for the oldest child. We have an Evenflo Maestro and it is relatively narrow and fits three across in our compact car; the Harmony Defender was also recommended as a good narrow combination seat when I was looking and is even narrower than the Maestro, if I remember. Both are much cheaper than the Clek or Diono seats.

Unregistered

Thanks for this advice. I just tried and I CANNOT get the evenflo sureride to install safety rear facing in my car in any position. My husband tried as well. I don't know why...it seems like perhaps the Sueride RF is incompatible with the CRV. So, I think I have to stick with using it FF. Thanks for the idea!

Not surprised that the Sureride doesn't fit RF. I doubt that a Nextfit will work in a 3-across. I'd try a Milestone/Slimfit or a Contender. If you don't need this set-up to work forever, a Coccoro or a Scenera Next might work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mama to G. (born March of 2013, riding FF in a Chicco MyFit, an IMMI Go, and a Britax Marathon)... and L. (born June of 2015, riding RF in a Graco Milestone, a Graco Extend-2-Fit 3-in-1 and a Graco SlimFit)

Unregistered

Just thought I would update in case anyone else comes across this issue too. I purchased the clek fllo and managed to get 3 across:

Nextfit RF, Fllo RF, Sureride FF.

The tether on the Sureride was slightly askew, so the car seat technician that installed them texted a picture to some other techs and they said it was fine because it was less than 20 degrees off.

Success! Thanks for the advice.