Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Up to 40% Off Graco Products

Today only, Amazon has up to 40% off select Graco car seats and strollers

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=lp_1462...de=14623074011

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Is $127 for a Nautilus good? griff needs a new seat right away. It's seems like that is Target's price.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

Up to 40% Off Graco Products

Quote Originally Posted by cookie123 View Post
    Is $127 for a Nautilus good? griff needs a new seat right away. It's seems like that is Target's price.

OMG, the new ones with the no-rethread harness are $320 in Canada! Graco is just rude about their Canadian pricing. WAY, WAY above what the exchange rate is.
    Last edited by TechnoGranola; 09-19-2016 at 10:52 PM.
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

Re: Up to 40% Off Graco Products

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
    OMG, the new ones with the no-rethread harness are $320 in Canada! Grace is just rude about their Canadian pricing. WAY, WAY above what the exchange rate is.

Agreed. It makes me mad. Other companies, for the most part, are only marked up slightly for the exchange rate. But Graco likes to gouge us.

Heather ~ CRST ~ mom to...
    S ~ Harmony nbb, K ~ Parkway SG
    M ~ Radian XTSL, S ~ Fllo
    T ~ June 4, 2016 ~ Boulevard G4.1

6. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

Can someone here in the US buy one and ship it to you? I'm just curious if that's allowed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
    Can someone here in the US buy one and ship it to you? I'm just curious if that's allowed....

My understanding is that not only would an American seat be illegal to use in Canada, but it is also illegal to ship an American seat to Canada. Have I got that right? I know it is legal to import a foreign seat to the US but illegal to use it....but for some reason I thought in Canada you can't even ship an American seat over there.

Mama to G. (born March of 2013, riding FF in a Chicco MyFit, an IMMI Go, and a Britax Marathon)... and L. (born June of 2015, riding RF in a Graco Milestone, a Graco Extend-2-Fit 3-in-1 and a Graco SlimFit)

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Nedra View Post
    My understanding is that not only would an American seat be illegal to use in Canada, but it is also illegal to ship an American seat to Canada. Have I got that right? I know it is legal to import a foreign seat to the US but illegal to use it....but for some reason I thought in Canada you can't even ship an American seat over there.

Ok gotcha!

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

They have a pretty good chance of getting seized and destroyed.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Quote Originally Posted by ketchupqueen View Post
    They have a pretty good chance of getting seized and destroyed.
    That's correct. Here is the information about that http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehicle...WT.mc_id=19ci4

and the pertinent paragraph is (bolding is mine):

Under Health Canada’s Restraint Systems and Booster Seats for Motor Vehicles Regulations, and in accordance with the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act, child, infant, and booster seats that do not comply with certain specifications of Transport Canada’s Motor Vehicle Restraint Systems and Booster Seat Safety Regulations (RSSR) must not be imported, advertised or sold in Canada whether by individuals or for commercial purposes. Furthermore, provincial and territorial legislation does not allow their use in Canada.
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·